Just itching before my CCL is in the mail...

PDA

Aaryq
August 4, 2007, 02:48 AM
Howdy folks. My CCL will be sent in the mail to me in less than a week (once my paperwork gets processed).

I'll be sending my North Dakota Concealed Weapons Permit application in to the capital in abou 96 hours. My written test (open book) should be on Tuesday along with my range qual. I've had a few hundred rounds (I know it's a small number for THR) to practice for this test.

My CCL might not hit until I get back to CA. That's okay, my folks can mail it to me (NOT LIKE IT WILL DO ANY GOOD IN CA!!!) but I'll be deploying for 7 months of war in October, so that don't matter. What matters now is driving from CA to ND. From what I know of the law (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!!) I'm stuck with my guns in the trunk with the ammo in a different container. I'll be in California, Arizona (for less than an hour), Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and North Dakota during my trip. I'm pretty sure I can't have a firearm open for all to see (in a non threatening manner) in any of those states. I'm positive that I can't CCL in all of those states (until I get my permit). If I get stopped with multiple firearms (handgun and long-gun) in the trunk of my car do I have to tell the officer I have guns in my car? Do I have to have any local permits? Is there any advice you'd give me?

If you enjoyed reading about "Just itching before my CCL is in the mail..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Scanr
August 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
Lucky you, I turned in my paperwork last week and I have about 85 days to go. :(

Aaryq
August 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
If I get pulled over in any of those states while having firearms properly secured in my trunk, am I obligated to tell the LEO pulling me over?

If you enjoyed reading about "Just itching before my CCL is in the mail..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!