Famous Last Words

PDA

xjchief
August 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
I know it's old but it never really gets old. Remember, the police are the only people out there who are responsible enough, professional enough, and smart enough to handle firearms.

"I'm the only one here professional enough in this room, that I know of, to carry this Glock .40" Man, talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg&mode=related&search=

No offense to the LEO's here, just pointing out that ALL of us are capable of screwing up no matter how good our training and how familiar we are with our weapons.

If you enjoyed reading about "Famous Last Words" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jimmie
August 4, 2007, 08:47 AM
it never really gets old
Oh, but it really does.

Chipperman
August 4, 2007, 08:49 AM
Both of those have been posted many times here.
The first is arrogance, the second is probably poor training more than anything else.

joab
August 4, 2007, 09:21 AM
it never really gets old.
It's really starting to

I still get a chuckle out of the first and a little cringe at the second video
But after awhile you start to almost kinda feel sorry for them and stop seeing them as total idiots and start thinking that possibly they are just people that may just have had a really really bad stupid attack

What is most pertinent to me is that these two people's entire lives are compressed into these bad moments
All their accomplishments great and small and all if their attaboys just got overshadowed by this one awdamnit

CajunBass
August 4, 2007, 09:36 AM
Famous last words? "This'll never happen to me."

The Lone Haranguer
August 4, 2007, 09:49 AM
Incidents like these can be turned against us, too. One could say that if even trained LEOs do this sort of thing, how much more dangerous would it be for untrained civilians?

snafu_72
August 4, 2007, 10:12 AM
I thought the most famous last words were, " Here, Billy-bob. Hold my beer and watch me do this!"

:neener:

Vitamin G
August 4, 2007, 10:18 AM
"Gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel"

Larry Ashcraft
August 4, 2007, 10:24 AM
Really old.

If you enjoyed reading about "Famous Last Words" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!