1911 VooDoo

PDA

10-10
August 4, 2007, 01:42 PM
I just picked up a Spingfield Champion and it's doing a few weird things.

First, the slide doesn't stay open after the last shot. This happens with both magazines that came with the gun, a new Pro Mag and a new Springfield mag that the guy at the range loaned me.

Second, when the slide is locked open with a mag in the gun, and I press the mag release button, the slide slams shut. :eek:

Also, with slide locked open and no mag in the gun, if I shake the weapon slightly, the slide slams shut.

To make sure that my technique wasn't causing the problems, the range officer observed me shooting the weapon and saw no bad habits. Then he fired the gun and had the same problems. anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 VooDoo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bensdad
August 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
Say four Hail Mary's, three Our Father's and sacrifice a live chicken under a full moon with a virgin watching.

You brought up the Voodoo. :D

10-10
August 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
You forgot the "At the altar of John Moses Browning" part.

Geno
August 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
Send it back to Kimber and tell them to stop placing Springfield's good name on their trash. :evil:

Sorry about that. I have a Glock 17 that does the same. When I slam the 2nd magazine home, the slide slams shut. As I see it, it saves me a step in having to manually release the thing.

Katana8869
August 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
Send it back to Kimber and tell them to stop placing Springfield's good name on their trash.

Now that is just, "Soda shootin' out the nostrils" funny right there! I think I hurt something laughing at that line. ROFLMAO :D:evil::D

vanilla_gorilla
August 4, 2007, 05:42 PM
Sounds like the slide stop needs to be looked at, doesn't it?

MT GUNNY
August 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
wilson combat mags can fix just about anything!!

You prolly have week mag springs
as for slide dropping with out mag
prolly due to week mag spring also

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 VooDoo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!