The *Real* CDNN Catalog

PDA

fletcher
August 4, 2007, 05:09 PM
I just received a hardcopy of the catalog in the mail today. I'm in the process of scanning and compiling the pages so that everyone can see the handgun prices. It will definitely be up no later than tomorrow.

EDIT:

*** Here it is! *** (http://www.blueridgearmory.com/cdnn.pdf)

(21 MB, pdf) It's uploading at the moment and should be up by 10:50 EST.

This should cover all handguns in the catalog. If you can't read something, or would like me to rescan a page, just holler.

If you enjoyed reading about "The *Real* CDNN Catalog" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shear_stress
August 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for taking the initiative. That'll be pretty helpful.

CleverNickname
August 4, 2007, 09:24 PM
Or you could just download it from CDNN's site. Probably a little less work that way.

d4rryl
August 4, 2007, 09:26 PM
the downloaded one doesn't show the prices... as mentioned in the original post

scubie02
August 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
what is their site with firearms, all i remember is the cdnninvestments one

do they still have the hipowers they had awhile back, or are they all long gone?

fletcher
August 4, 2007, 10:42 PM
Bump for catalog postage.

Arkady
August 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
Outstanding.

Thanks for posting that, the hardcopy catalog hasn't caught up since my last move yet.

matis
August 5, 2007, 01:31 PM
Wudja do that for, Fletcher? Cost me an hour of droolin' n dreamin'.

(Thanks for posting that.)

matis

fletcher
August 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
what is their site with firearms, all i remember is the cdnninvestments one

As far as I know, you can only view the firearms by catalog or by calling to see what they have.

do they still have the hipowers they had awhile back, or are they all long gone?

They have a couple different kinds now I think.

Soybomb
August 5, 2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the work but it seems like cdnn doesn't want my business if we have to go to this much trouble. I'm going to be shopping at dealers that are proud to sell handguns.

I realize that doesn't really impact you at all, but just in case anyone from cdnnn reads this you know... ;)

fletcher
August 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the work but it seems like cdnn doesn't want my business if we have to go to this much trouble.

I hear ya. If they had prices online, or had rushed the catalog a little more (took me 6 weeks to get it), I very well may have purchased a gun from them. Instead, I just picked up something at a local shop. Their loss.

Ratfood
August 5, 2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks you very much Fletcher.

Here's a mirror
cdnn.pdf (http://www.ratfood.com/bin/cdnn.pdf)

ilbob
August 5, 2007, 04:14 PM
just curious. do you have the right to reproduce and display copyrighted materials w/o the copyright owner's consent?

hotpig
August 5, 2007, 04:35 PM
CDNN does not post the price of guns because FFL holders are greedy and want to buy guns to sale at a profit. It is very hard to do if the consumer can buy the gun at the same price as the dealer.

One easy solution is dealers only buy demo models for stock. If a customers wants that model it can be ordered in and sold at wholesale to the customer.

The dealer has to make a profit or go out of business. This will have to be added to the transfer fee. The transfer fee will be based on what that dealer needs to survive and profit. The impact would be nil for me personally. I could double or even triple my transfer fee and not hurt my business at all.

It is a win win thing. Customers get wholesale, and dealers do not have to spend a lot of money on new gun stock other than trade in stuff.

Euclidean
August 5, 2007, 04:35 PM
Well since the only possible outcome of his actions is that CDNN might sell someone a gun, I don't think CDNN is going to get upset with him.:D

hotpig
August 5, 2007, 04:40 PM
I think if some of the dealers who buy from CDNN complain to them about his posting this would be his last catalog.

RNB65
August 5, 2007, 04:41 PM
I think CDNN is in the business of selling guns and could care less about who buys them.

ilbob
August 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
Well since the only possible outcome of his actions is that CDNN might sell someone a gun, I don't think CDNN is going to get upset with him

If that were true, they would have printed the prices in their online catalog. I suspect their business model is not quite as simple as what you might think. No retailer wants his wholesale cost known to the general public.

Mortech
August 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hell , Buds or Summit's prices are lower on most , if these are wholesale ......

hotpig
August 5, 2007, 04:51 PM
CDNN sales guns in volume. Those sales are to FFL holders. Apparently they must have demanded that the prices not be posted. Maybe CDNN went out on a limb and changed it themselves to spur increased sales to dealer stock.

Maybe they should just continue posting the price so that the individuals know what to expect. They should also have a discount for the FFL.

This would save the dealer from adding on to the price as a increased transfer fee.

Euclidean
August 5, 2007, 04:55 PM
Now this is interesting. The last time I got a CDNN catalog it had handgun prices. I always assumed those prices were for private buyers, and that dealers paid wholesale.

hotpig
August 5, 2007, 05:05 PM
I have ordered used Glocks for customers before. There was no discount for the gun. I did get a small discount for ammo I purchased few years ago. I think it was 3 or 5%.

Bones11b
August 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
Nice job :what:

geojap
August 5, 2007, 07:46 PM
Ditto. Nice work.

simulatedjim
August 5, 2007, 09:56 PM
Just look at how many gun manufacturers do not allow their prices online. Easy fix for cdnn is to take them all out. Yes it is not good for the people actually buying them. Manufacturers making it harder for customers to compare prices and get the best deal possible, which keeps the smaller retailers in business as they can't get the volume discount price. Very complicated.

stangboy555
August 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
I only buy firearms from two sources, one is CDNN. You just can't beat their prices.... add $15 shipping and $25 FFL fee and your good to go.

Kevin108
August 5, 2007, 10:36 PM
I don't think there is any money to be saved with CDNN anyway. By the time I buy the gun, pay shipping, and pay for the FFL transfer it's just as much as walking into my regular dealer. Plus for every gun I buy at my regular dealer, I get a year membership to their indoor range. Gun shows are really the only places I've seen any deals and since my dealer gives me the range membership worth $80 or so, it's tough to beat their prices under any circumstances.

hotpig
August 5, 2007, 11:16 PM
If you are in a Urban area with lots of gun shops it is nice to shop around and find a large selection.

In my case one hour drive in every direction from home will only get me to a hand full of shops. None of them being very big. The only way for lots of shooters to find a selection is via the net.

You will not find big dollar handguns like H&K or Sig in many shops. They are too expensive and not in big demand. Even a Glock is rare. You will find lots of wheel guns because they are popular. In semi hand guns you will find S&W and Rugers, maybe a few mil surps if your lucky.

In my area you would have to drive to Chicagoland or down to St Louis to do gun shopping. Just the price of gas alone is worth paying shipping and transfer fees.

Navy87Guy
August 6, 2007, 06:22 AM
If that were true, they would have printed the prices in their online catalog. I suspect their business model is not quite as simple as what you might think. No retailer wants his wholesale cost known to the general public.

While I agree that - as illogical as it may seem on the surface - that CDNN may not take kindly to having their catalog reproduced, it has nothing to do with wholesale prices. The prices marked in their catalog - either hardcopy or when they were online - are the prices that anyone can pay. No license or business required. They still have banners that say "FFL & Quantity Dealers Call For Your Price" -- so there is supposedly a "good deal" out there - and that is always kept private.

Jim

fletcher
August 6, 2007, 08:56 AM
If CDNN catches wind of this and does not like it, all they have to do is let me know and I'll pull the scanned catalog. Until then, it's going to stay.

indie
August 6, 2007, 09:20 AM
thanks for doing this Fletcher. I was wondering if anyone ever scanned the catalogs.

If you enjoyed reading about "The *Real* CDNN Catalog" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!