friends in northern VA?

PDA

cpileri
July 2, 2003, 05:38 AM
Do I have any friends in northern Virginia? Close to the DC area?

?????
C-

If you enjoyed reading about "friends in northern VA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
H Romberg
July 2, 2003, 08:00 AM
Lots of us here. I'm in Fairfax, you?

XLMiguel
July 2, 2003, 10:05 AM
Falls Church, about 8 miles from downtowncity. Wassup?

fatboyclone
July 2, 2003, 10:06 AM
centreville checkin in...

themic
July 2, 2003, 10:14 AM
there are alot of people round these parts.

Partisan Ranger
July 2, 2003, 10:21 AM
Work in Fairfax, live in Winchester.......

Leatherneck
July 2, 2003, 11:16 AM
Well I sent you the ammo, didn't I? :D

TC
TFL Survivor in Pentagon/PW County/Northern Neck

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 11:32 AM
(Not navyDoc, cpileri)

I'm in SIlver Spring, actually.
And thanks for the reply; a guy needs his friends after all.
Can I PM you guys later- perhaps tomorrow morning as I am workin' and on-call today?
C-

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 12:11 PM
I'm post call tomorrow as well, Carl. Wanno go shootin'. Zack

(Are you using my account again!?!)

Mike Irwin
July 2, 2003, 12:14 PM
I'm in Fairfax. You know that.

You bought my 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin dies last year...

The REAL question is, does anyone ever have any true friends, other than possibly himself?

Ol' Badger
July 2, 2003, 01:07 PM
Dunn Loring! Right near the Metro station!
:D

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 02:08 PM
Mike Irwin, of course I remember. Been back to that deli, too. My wife loves it.

NavyDoc,
that would be 'yes' on both accounts! make that 'H&!! YES' on the 2nd account.

Leatherneck,
You didn't have to overnight it, man! Your right, I can't identify those 30-06's. I still owe you.

Ol' Badger, Partisan Ranger, themic, fatboyclone, Mike in VA, H Romberg, and everyone else: looks like me and navydoc are going to the range tomorrow! Anyone else want to meet up? We can celebrate the 4th the way it was intended: with gunpowder!
And, I will still PM you all tomorrow.

cpileri-

Ol' Badger
July 2, 2003, 02:18 PM
Love too! But I can't I have work : (

H Romberg
July 2, 2003, 02:37 PM
Which range are you going to?

mtnbkr
July 2, 2003, 02:38 PM
Manassas here.

Chris

Mike Irwin
July 2, 2003, 02:45 PM
Unfortunately I can't.

I have to work, but am leaving early to get a jump on the traffic and beat feet to Pennsylvania.

fatboyclone
July 2, 2003, 03:34 PM
which range? if you are going in the evening i may be able to come out and sling some lead with ya!! i'd like to get to know more shooters in the area.

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 03:44 PM
I dunno, but I have a Czech 98/22 and an m44, and some newly acquired 303 ammo I need to try out. So it can't be a 'pistol only' range.

Of course, if it is- well, gee whizz I guess I can live with it.
C-

Leatherneck
July 2, 2003, 05:43 PM
Leatherneck,
You didn't have to overnight it, man! Actually i did, carl. FedEx won't take "Dangerous Goods" via ground transport; it has to go by air. Don't ask :rolleyes:

TC
TFL Survivor

Mike Irwin
July 2, 2003, 06:14 PM
Oh for God's sake!

I wish I had known that, guys. I would have acted as the intermediary!

I'm about half way between you guys...

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 06:46 PM
Will the NRA range be open? They allow rifles, right?

guy293
July 2, 2003, 07:24 PM
Alexandria here. How about NRA range Saturday anyone--have some new toys to try out.

Guy

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 08:13 PM
Navy Doc (the real one),
NRA range says 1700-2200 hrs only. I will call to find out if they have special holiday hours or whatever.
Friday its 1000-2200 but our wives agreed that we all will have fun together at that festival-thing in DC. At least we'll go early and avoid the major crowds.
I hate going into the district. We can be fenced in, patted down, and searched in order to be allowed to celebrate our freedom.
Awright, nuff about that.

Any other ranges around? I really like outdoor ranges, the sunshine should keep me awake- we have been in the O.R. steadily all day. Got an appy after the one we're in comes down.
So, anyone have any suggestions for a cool range?
anyone else coming?
Would be cool to meet some more people.
cpileri (impersonating navy doc)

NavyDoc
July 2, 2003, 08:16 PM
I called, no changes but it is CLOSED Friday the 4th.
C-

22x9
July 2, 2003, 09:42 PM
Loudoun County checking in.

4Truck
July 2, 2003, 10:28 PM
Manassas here

NavyDoc
July 3, 2003, 09:11 AM
OK, I'm leaving work now. Worked till 0100, then 8 new guys from Germany at 0400. So I'm tired but willing to go help replace the depleted lead/copper deposits in the environment somewhere!
PM (or call) me,
C-

mr. e
July 3, 2003, 05:29 PM
I've recently (last week) moved into Woodbridge, Prince William County and work in Springfield. I'm looking to get out to shoot again as soon as I unpack some of my ammo.

kitiara
July 3, 2003, 05:50 PM
Good a post as any to make my first reply to - I'm in northern Virginia. I usually shoot at Blue Ridge in Chantilly, but I've been to the NRA range a couple of times.

I'm happily surprised to see so many other folks in my area. :)

cpileri
July 3, 2003, 06:41 PM
Nice to meet all the new "faces"! Thanks.

Change of plans on the trip to the range. I plan on the NRA range on the 5th, early- like right when it opens at 1000 hrs cuz I have an engagement at 1600. (So does navydoc)

Anyone want to meet, pls do!

Also, anyone prefer that under-no-circumstances-shall -i-contact-them -privately-stay-out-of-my-off-screen-life-will-you-Pileri-what-are-you-a-BATFeces-troll-trying-to-entrap-me?

i.e. do you prefer I not PM?

C-

Chris Rhines
July 3, 2003, 06:46 PM
I'm in Seneca, and always up for shooting.

Not tomorrow, sadly. Family in town, O's tickets already reserved...

fatboyclone
July 3, 2003, 06:50 PM
cant on sat, maybe another time. please feel free to PM if you would like

DragonRider
July 3, 2003, 11:10 PM
I live in Centreville, 5 Mins from Blue Ridge, 8 from Bull Run, and 10 from NRA. I'm off in the summer. Let me know when! I'll be at Bull Run tomorrow morning at 9 doing 2 rounds of Wobble Trap and 1 round of 5 Stand. I normally hit Blue Ridge once a week (this week it will be Saturday) and NRA once a every 2 months. Anybody else who shoots at Blue Ridge on a normal basis?

John

I can get to NRA just to meet a few of you at 11 or so after the swim meet. Got to introduce some new shooters later in the day who ran up today and said they got their NRA range cards today and 'WHEN CAN WE GO"

guy293
July 3, 2003, 11:17 PM
I'll go to the NRA Range Saturday morning--see you there.

Guy

22x9
July 3, 2003, 11:45 PM
I'd join ya at the NRA range, but got another IWLA(loudoun) thing(Family Fishing day) going on from 9a-2p this Saturday. I & Mrs. 22x9 are manning the Kiddie "Net the Plastic Fishes" game.

Mr. James
July 4, 2003, 02:13 AM
Centreville??

Yep, I'm there. Hi, neighbors.

Can't make the 5th, unless it's late in the day.

cpileri
July 4, 2003, 08:32 AM
This is starting to sound like a party!
C-

tankertom
July 4, 2003, 10:01 AM
Alexandria here, I'll try and get to the NRA range at 10 tomorrow.

TT

cpileri
July 5, 2003, 09:22 AM
OK, looks like I'm more or less ready to go.
I don'y know how we'll recognize one another- except I'll recognize MiKe Irwin and navydoc of course.
Me?
I'm short-but-stout, military haircut, and I usually wear shorts. And I am the guy carrying WAY too much stuff for one trip to an indoor range.
Oh well, see you there!
C-

cpileri
July 5, 2003, 03:52 PM
But too short. We policed ourselves and only fired for 1 hour. We had to move fairly quickly between riflesto do that. What I need to do is

SHOOT MORE OFTEN

so i only have to bring one at a time.

Anyway, navydoc and I shared a lane, and ended up right next to dragonslayer (whom we just met at that time). he had me take a peek thru an acog (sp?) tritium scope which I hade never seen before. Man, that's cool! And no batteries!
If you can get that thing sighted in, how can you miss?

I saw another fellow in a MOLON LABE shirt, and figured it had to be someone from here (and TFL) but like a fool I missed the opportunity to meet him.

Was anyone else there?

I forgot how cathartic shooting is; and I feel much better. I will be doing that more often.

C-

If you enjoyed reading about "friends in northern VA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!