Guns You'd Like To See Produced.

PDA

nero45acp
August 5, 2007, 12:54 AM
I know that this kind of thread has been done before, but I find it interesting and enjoyable to see what kind of guns others would like to see produced, and sharing with others what I'd like to see produced. (And yes, I know we'd all like to be able to buy a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, or a Star Trek phaser, but how about sticking with guns that are currently technologically possible....);)

Here's my list:

SIG P225 ST (all stainless, no alloy frame, and for God's sake don't put a rail on it....) available in 9mm, .40S&W, .357SIG

Browning Hi-Power stainless

Browning Hi-Power Standard (polished blue & wood grips) with a ring hammer

Colt Detective Special blued & stainless available in .38/.357, .32 H&R Magnum, .22LR

Ruger Single-Six with a Remington type grip (like the Bearcat)

A high quality, accurate reproduction of the Walther P38 (steel frame)

Current production S&W revolvers with no MIM parts, no lock, no two-piece barrels, real case-hardened triggers/hammers, and no ugly current style cylinder release latches (give me the type that came right after the flat latch). Yes dammit, I know I'd pay more for them! *I have to give S&W credit for at least approaching this with their new "classic" line, their new M40 Centennial sure looks interesting....

S&W 36 & 40 (made as above) in .32H&R Magnum

Colt 1903/1908 Hammerless, perhaps as a reproduction from USFA

Garand & M1 Carbine reproductions/look alikes chambered in .22LR

A reproduction Webley MK VI available in .38 Special & .22LR

High Quality reproductions of the Luger P08 and Broomhandle C96 (dig deep into those pockets for these, 'cause they sure wouldn't be cheap....)

Marlin 1896C with a 16" barrel and a factory installed ghost ring rear sight (mounted on the receiver)

Ruger Mini-14 with a slightly heavier barrel

A Ruger Standard Model .22LR that had an action more like the Lahti L-35, rather than it's current Rube Goldberg-like configuration

The newer, remodeled Walther/S&W PPK & PPK/S available blued or stainless, chambered in .22LR

CZ 75 BD Stainless

CZ P01 Stainless

As strange as it may be, that's my list. What's yours?

nero

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns You'd Like To See Produced." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thisguy1157
August 5, 2007, 12:59 AM
hmm how 'bout
SA 80
FAMAS

some alts to the AR

Sand Pirate
August 5, 2007, 01:01 AM
A Glock carbine in 9, 40, and 45.

A SIG 556 that's identical to the SIG 552, just made in the US.

An HK 51.

A reproduction of the 1941 Johnson rifle.

GunTech
August 5, 2007, 01:03 AM
Adams reproduction (there was one being mader in Switzerland, but only a few copies ever created).

Bergmann Bayard - to add to the list of C96, P-08 and other classic.

Bring back the Colt Python and Dick Special

M1A in 243, 260 Remington and 7mm-08

Bring back the 1885 Low wall, and Sharps Bochart

US made Walther TP22 (The German made one is non-importable)

Bring back the S&W 547 and a 40 S&W version

That's a start.

nero45acp
August 5, 2007, 01:06 AM
Forgot to mention:

A Beretta 85FS with a steel frame available blued, stainless, and nickeled and chambered in 9mm (9x19)

Also, ignore my dumb attack in this thread title, "Gun's" should be "Guns"....:o

nero

Regolith
August 5, 2007, 01:12 AM
A civilian version of the HK M416......for under $1000.

M1 Shooter
August 5, 2007, 01:14 AM
I too would like to see many of the guns mentioned so far.
I have a few requests for Ruger.

1. Offer the Bisley in stainless as standard with 4-5/8", 5-1/2", and 7-1/2" barrels, in all standard calibers to include the .22s

2. A GP100 .44 SPL, it would probably have to be a five shooter, which is fine by me. I'd like to see it in both a 4" adjustable sight version and a 3" short lug fixed sight version. A variation on the theme would be the same gun with .45 ACP chambers for use with moon clips. I think the 3" fixed sight versions would make great carry guns, and the 4" adj sight versions would make great camp/trail guns.

3. Offer the Frontier rifle with detachable 5 and 10 round mags(I don't care if they are proprietary mags or whatever, just offer them!!), back up iron sights, and a couple extra inches of barrel wouldn't hurt.
While they're at it, they can add a tough synthetic/fiberglass stock with a bit longer length of pull. Those mods would make the Frontier rifle what it should have been from the beginning!

coxhw
August 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
SMITH & WESON Mod. 29 44 mag with the old 10 5/8" silhouette barrel. Had mine stolen and they only have the 8" now:(

rockinrussky
August 5, 2007, 01:24 AM
The Taurus 1911 in stainless steel would be nice. Yes I know they've been talking about releasing one but at this point I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Now I'm not exactly sure if we're only supposed to list things that we wished existed or if we can list firearms that exist but aren't available to buy... but as far as thats concerned I would love for the FN SCAR to become available to the civilian market. I've been hearing that it might in '08 so thats a good sign.

ArfinGreebly
August 5, 2007, 01:51 AM
Dear Santa,

I wanna Marlin 62 in .30 carbine. (Pleeze bring dem back!)

I wanna Ruger 77/30 (in .30 carbine).

I wanna Beretta CX30 . . . in .30 carbine.

I wanna Kel-tec Sub 3000 . . . in .30 carbine.

I wanna Taurus M1 Carbine reproduction. In .30 carbine.

I wanna single shot NEF Handi Rifle. In .30 carbine.

I wanna Armalite (or DPMS, or Bushmaster, or . . .) AR15 clone . . . in .30 carbine.

They've already tried a number of pistols chambered in that "pistol cartridge" and it's pretty much a non-starter. Something to do with a minimum barrel length requirement. Loud bangs. Daylight-visible muzzle flash.

The solution, obviously, is to make more carbines in that calibre.

bigun15
August 5, 2007, 02:01 AM
I want the original BAR's and Thompsons to come back and be as easy to get as they were when they came out.

I'd like the STG44.

sm
August 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
-Bone Stock Gov't Model of 1911 as originally done, including mags, all to original Specs

-Bone Stock of above in Commander size, in both all Steel and Lt Wt.

-Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle, make mine butt fed please.

-S&W J frame 32 cal revolvers, blued and stainless.

-Winchester '97, just like JMB designed it, in both Standard and Take down.

-Colt Woodsman

-Colt Mustang

-High Standard Duramatic

That will do for starters in the Bring them Back category of what needs producing again.

New offerings:

-Affordable , Quality, .22 revolvers in J frame, K frame and Colt D frame sizes.

-Beretta 28 gauge semi-auto shotguns in a 303 platform (first choice) or 390 platform

-Beretta "working persons" SxS shotguns, in 20, 28, gauge for starters and then later a 12 and .410.
Think Stevens 311, except with Beretta Quality.

-A 1911 style , .22 rim-fire, scaled between the 1911 and Mustang.
I mean welded base mags, that hold 7 rounds, the whole bit, that looks and operates like JMB's original 1911

This would allow kids, for instance to shoot 1911 and get the correct basics down with a gun that operates the same as a big one.
Great tool for adults and general plinker and fun gun.

BlindJustice
August 5, 2007, 02:34 AM
Ok I'll Play

S & W just re-issue
696 .44 Spcl 5 shot cyl.
631 .32 H & R Mag.
and build them both with and with out the
standard these days full underlug. with
barrel length options in 2.5 3 4 5 and 6 inch barrels.

617 in .22 LR build a companion to the 686 Service
that doesn't have the full underlug for a lighter weapon
that is handier and freindly to those who want it.

COlt just bring back a good number per year of Pythons

hmmm...

An H & K P7 design in .40 S & W

I'll also vote for a PPK/S in .22 LR for a companion
to a .380 JB

A Mini-4 in a smaller than 7.62 but larger than 5.56
round as a true all around 'ranch' rifle

Just a new prod luger from Mauser... in the variants of barrel length

I have a project of converting a Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .45 COlt to
.45 Auto RIm with a SHilen 17 inch bull barrel to go with my S & W
.45 ACP / AR revolvers. but it will be able to be converted back to the longer
.45 Colt and stok half octagon barrel...

or a M1 Carbine in any thing bigger bore /velocity wise

rkh
August 5, 2007, 02:41 AM
a .45 ACP AR upper NOT made by Olympic

Sean85746
August 5, 2007, 02:45 AM
I'd like SOMEONE to get off their butt and re-introduce the Bren Ten. I hate shooting the four I have collected over the years. And...NO...the WITNESS line is NOT "almost as good as having a Bren Ten". :neener:

Also...full size SINGLE stack Glock in .45acp and .38Super.

Other than that....I am happy with what we have on the shelves now.

:D

Regolith
August 5, 2007, 02:47 AM
I second the civie FN SCAR.

TheDisturbed1
August 5, 2007, 02:54 AM
A DOMESTIC re-production of the full-sized, originally Russian designed SVD Dragunov.

if those flooded the market, it would make the TIGER's more of a relic and having a reliable rifle of such magnitude would be lots cheaper and easier to get me thinks...

Agouti
August 5, 2007, 04:35 AM
You know, Arctic Assault, I was actually thinking about that last night, about the SVD.

But you know what? Izhmash already makes them, for hunting purposes. They look very similar, and I'm not talking about ordinary Tigr carbines. I'm talking about full-sized SVD Tigr, minus a few air holes in the wooden handguard, and minus a bayonet lug. I believe it takes SVD mags. If only someone would import them. GCA of '68, it looks like it's for sporting purposes to me!

Also, a pre-made wooden stock kit, to transform the Ruger 10/22 into an m1 carbine look a-like.

I'd also like to see an SKS that can take FINNED AK mags.

Not to mention, I wanna see an ar-15/m16 with a milled or forged STEEL, not aluminum, STEEL receiver.

AF_INT1N0
August 5, 2007, 05:41 AM
CZ-75 or PO-1 in 7.62 X 25TOK
1911 in 7.62X25TOK

I'm sure I can think of others, but those are the ones I really want now.

TheDisturbed1
August 5, 2007, 06:47 AM
You know, Arctic Assault, I was actually thinking about that last night, about the SVD.

But you know what? Izhmash already makes them, for hunting purposes. They look very similar, and I'm not talking about ordinary Tigr carbines. I'm talking about full-sized SVD Tigr, minus a few air holes in the wooden handguard, and minus a bayonet lug. I believe it takes SVD mags. If only someone would import them. GCA of '68, it looks like it's for sporting purposes to me!

THAT would be awesome... but I was thinking, if someone here would actualy MAKE them in the U.S., our Government shouldnt have too much to complain about! (the only fear on this idea is the price range of such rifle :p)

alucard0822
August 5, 2007, 07:56 AM
Famous Guns of History collection

a series of well made, but not overly expensive 3/4 scale replicas of notable military arms chambered in 22lr, with a new model every month or two , for the first year perhaps M1 garand, Thompson SMG, M1 carbine, 98k, STG 44, SMLE mk IV, Bren, MG42, 1911, p-08, Mosin Nagant, BAR

its for the kids (from 10-100)

another good one would be a full automatic magnetic pulse rail rifle employing a modified compact version of Mr. Fusion for power generation to propel standard 1/4" steel ball bearings at high speed with astounding accuracy (technically not a firearm) shoot a few thousand rounds for $5 in bearings and some garbage.

Rembrandt
August 5, 2007, 08:07 AM
Smith & Wesson model 41's in stainless steel.

Winchester model 52 Sporters with stainless & composite barrels chambered in .22LR, 17HMR, & other offerings.

Clipper
August 5, 2007, 09:25 AM
I'd like to see an auto pistol chambered in .22Jet.

SaMx
August 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
A 9mm cylinder for the .357 gp100.

a semi-auto ppsh-41 in 7.62 tok

a 7.62 tok conversion kit for the 1911
and one for the AR-15 too

someone ought to make a revolver in 10mm that shoots .40 S&W too

that's all I can think of now.

GunTech
August 5, 2007, 10:29 AM
SM,

Thanks for reminding me about the Mustang. While there add it, how about an all steel version, even stainless. Also bring back the Government model 380. It's far easier to cycle the slide than a blowback and perfect for those with small hands and not a lot of grip strength (like my 13 year old daughter)

I's also like a 12 gauge semi with a detachable magazine that works

Also, A Colt Defender would be cool, even if I have to pay $200 tax for an authentic style. A Winchester liberator would be neat.

A small carbine in 5.7x28 might be fun. The P90 is not my cut of tea. How about a more conventional carbine like the old M1 or the Ruger police carbines, using the FiveseveN postol magazine and weighing in at about 4 pounds or less. Also, FN load a hotter version of the 5.7. I want a semi-auto 22 hornet.

500 S&W lever action rifle

aguyindallas
August 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
An AR-15 platform gun that accepts Glock magazines. I am not talking about some bogus conversion or some sort of weirdo polymer receiver. I am talking USGI Mil-Spec type of receiver, shoots pistol calibers and accepts Glock mags.

silverlance
August 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
New for 2008:

SIG produces the SIG SP226:

a carbine that takes P226 magazines
is chambered for both .40 and 9mm
adjustable ghost ring sights with a railed flattop
dual canted lower mini rails for lights/laser
16.5" threaded barrel, drop free magazine release
requires no tools to disassemble other than bullet tip

and comes in both pistol grip and non pistol gripped version (so that I can buy one here in ca)

=)

Just Jim
August 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
A M1 carbine in 500 S&W.

Smiths without lock holes

jj

havanatrader
August 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
A current production .357 revolver with a nice trigger out of the box, without the Performance Center/Custom Shop price tag.

trueblue1776
August 5, 2007, 11:20 AM
Bolt action carbine in 9mm NATO. A minimalistic gun, maybe like the CZ 452 Lux (minus the detach mag, I hate those ugly beasts), that would be my ultimate scouting/hiking gun.

Deanimator
August 5, 2007, 11:23 AM
Colt:
Python
Diamondback
Official Police
Police Positive
Detective Special
New Service

lacoochee
August 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
A Springfield XD line of carbines chambered in 9x19, , 357sig, 45acp, and 40s&w, using the same mags.
A single stack XD sub-compact in any of the above.
A Taurus m-14 knockoff.
Chinese imports allowed, again.
M1 carbine chambered for .223 or 6.8.

Agouti
August 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
Also, there already is an m1 carbine in the 22lr, sorta.
Erma makes one, marlin makes their m1/m2 model (989).

Of course, perhaps the best option is to just convert a 10/22 in an m1 carbine look alike.
http://www.pbase.com/image/72307809

Crunker1337
August 5, 2007, 01:10 PM
Dragunov .338 Lapua rifle

10mm AK74

10mm Thompson

6" GLOCK 20

1911 doublestack longslide (also in 10mm, .22LR, and .357SIG)

civie SIG 552

civie G36K

.454 8" 6-shot revolver

10mm Springfield XD

Ruger 10/22 G36K, MP5, MP5SD, AK47, FAMAS, AUG, W2000, Uzi, and Sten kits

SaMx
August 5, 2007, 01:11 PM
Bolt action carbine in 9mm NATO. A minimalistic gun, maybe like the CZ 452 Lux (minus the detach mag, I hate those ugly beasts), that would be my ultimate scouting/hiking gun.
How about one with a barrel change to 9x23?
or one in 10mm?

never_retreat
August 5, 2007, 01:18 PM
How about and encore or contender barrel chambered in .416. :what:

Tommygunn
August 5, 2007, 01:22 PM
I want the original BAR's and Thompsons to come back and be as easy to get as they were when they came out.

Ditto!
Plus, will someone PLEASE make a reproduction of the old Merwin Hulbert revolvers!!!!????? Interesting guns, and way cool for those of use interested in 19th century handguns!!!!!!!!

Fosbery
August 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
For those wanting pistol caliber bolt actions (trueblue1776 and SaMx), we make them here in in merry England:

http://www.armalon.com/pc.shtml

Enfield carbines in every pistol caliber you can imagine, including 9mm and 10mm as standard and 9mm Winchester as a custom.

http://www.armalon.com/images/pcdetail_2.jpg

http://www.armalon.com/images/pcdetail_1.jpg

http://www.armalon.com/images/pcdetail_3.jpg

rantingredneck
August 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
A Ruger Police Carbine in .45ACP that takes P90/345 mags.

akodo
August 5, 2007, 01:39 PM
I'd like to see a carbine in 44mag....with a capacity of at least 7 rounds.

I think out of a barrel greater than a foot long, the 44 mag REALLY shines. Also, unlike 45 automag, or even more exotic 458 soccom or what have you, 44 mag is everywhere.

I've been told that with the rim, it would be nearly impossible to put a 357 or 44 mag into an AR platform as anything other than single shot. That's too bad. The ruger carbine is great, but as of yet no one has come up with a higher capacity mag than 4, and that is a true pitty.

Seems to me if a Desert Eagle can have a 7 shot mag or whatever, simply the same design enlongated to handle 10, 12, or whatever should be able to be paired up with a carbine design. Alternatively, why couldn't a underbarrel tube magazine work for a carbine semi-auto, just like it works with a semi-auto shotgun. Seems to me you could have a carbine that greatly resembles a lever action...except with no lever and no exposed hammer up top

Avenger
August 5, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hmmm, how about a Remington 700 in 7.62x54r? Or a semi-auto for that cartridge as well?

Sand Pirate beat me to the 1941 Johnson, darnit! I got to fire one about 5 years ago, what a neat weapon.

For an "out-there" idea, how about a Gyrojet reproduction, or another try at the carbine length Gyrojet?

Wayne G.
August 5, 2007, 05:28 PM
10mm Springfield XD

Dad Gummit! Someone beat me to it!
:)

Redneck with a 40
August 5, 2007, 05:35 PM
10mm carbine from Springfield, S&W, Ruger, Taurus, any reputable manufacturer. Pro-Mag could easily come up with some 20 round magazines for it, they have'em for everything else, talk about bad-ass.:D

operator114
August 5, 2007, 06:15 PM
An HK VP-70 chambered for .40 S&W, and with a vastly improved trigger!!!

A Kel-Tec P-32, P3-AT.... "Elite" version, with polished stainless trigger, slide, barrel, recoil guide, springs....

Glocks with satin stainless slides, barrels,.......also sold in "2 to 3 caliber kits" that allow swapping out barrels, recoil springs, and magazines to shoot for example .40, 9mm, and .357 Sig all in one box. Sorta like the HK4.

+1 on affordable .22LR S&W J-frames.

dmftoy1
August 5, 2007, 06:24 PM
A Marlin 1894 or 1894 in .50 S&W

A good "cowboy" version of the 1886 in 45-70 that I can afford (less than 1 grand)

A Browning 1892 in .45 LC. (preferably in a cowboy flavor)

A five shot S&W 625 made as small and light as possible in .45acp that took 5 shot moon clips. :)

A brand new M1A that would shoot 2 MOA or less for less than 1 grand. (with a nice walnut stock)

A nice 12 gauge OU with remchokes or an equivalent that had a schnabel foreend.

the pistolero
August 5, 2007, 06:30 PM
Gun I'd like to see produced? A Ruger P-series 10mm. Lord knows it'd be stout enough.

Jubjub
August 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
A micro bolt action in 7.62x39 with good rugged ghost ring sights, a tough finish, a synthetic or laminated stock, and a ten round magazine that will load from stripper clips. Left hand option, of course. A bolt action SKS, if you will, with better sights and ergonomics.

A short action rifle likewise, with a scout scope mount. Basically a Cooper style scout rifle with a fixed 10 round box and stripper clip guides.

And of course a double barreled bolt action for heavy game. Oh wait,someone beat me to it.
http://www.szecseidoubleboltrepeater.ca/images/gallery/productionszecseifuchsdoublebolt.html

Autolycus
August 5, 2007, 06:40 PM
As someone else said I would like to see an HK 416 and HK 417 series gun released to the public. As well as for HK to bring back the P7 series. It would also be nice to have the HK P30L made avilable to those of us in the states.

GunTech
August 5, 2007, 07:23 PM
Another 9mm bolt action is a Spanish Destroyer carbine. They are in 9mm largo, bit can be cut back and rechambered in 9mm.

GunTech
August 5, 2007, 07:25 PM
Jubjub, I've actually been looking at what it would take to convert a CZ-527 to internal magaznie and clip fee for a friend who want pretty much the same thing. No synthetic stock though.

trueblue1776
August 5, 2007, 07:29 PM
Another 9mm bolt action is a Spanish Destroyer carbine. They are in 9mm largo, bit can be cut back and rechambered in 9mm.

I love destroyers, but the good bore commands a price that a new rifle could be made for. I can't shell out that kind of dough for a largo, especially with those ugly mags.

CleverNickname
August 5, 2007, 07:34 PM
someone ought to make a revolver in 10mm that shoots .40 S&W too
I'm pretty sure the S&W 610 will do this.

My list:

I'd like a single stack Glock 9mm, about the size of a Kahr PM9.

I'd like Colt to produce the LE1020 gas piston upper.

I'd like a belt-fed 5.56mm AR15 upper. I might even pay the $5k for a Shrike that Ares is asking for them if I could actually buy one right now.

I'd like to see S&W get rid of the lawyer lock or at least make it optional.

MS .45
August 5, 2007, 07:39 PM
I would like to see a CZ P-01 in .40 s&w. I love my 9mm and wish I could get it in .40.

GunTech
August 5, 2007, 08:11 PM
Fosbery,

Looking at the vernier sight on the top rifle, I have to say that is the height of optimism.

http://www.armalon.com/images/pcdetail_2.jpg

Geronimo45
August 5, 2007, 08:54 PM
Garand & M1 Carbine reproductions/look alikes chambered in .22LR
The Marlin magazine-fed semi-auto .22 (don't recall the number) is pretty darn similar to the M1 Carbine.

Would like a new model of the Webley Mark VI - in any caliber. Which reminds me of a question I once had: Could you rechamber a Webley Mark IV (in .38 S&W) to 9mm?

More revolvers with moonclips.

Doublestack DA/SA semi in 7.62x25 Tokarev. Steel, plastic... don't care. Just make it.

Fosbery
August 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
Looking at the vernier sight on the top rifle, I have to say that is the height of optimism.

LOL! Yeh, standard .303 Enfield revievers rechambered for whatever you want, not reall worth replacing a perfectly good sight just because it goes too far ;)

Bezoar
August 5, 2007, 09:52 PM
The bergman semi automatics
the steyr semi automatics that were stripper clip fed
frommer stop
webley revolvers
the old early mausers
the old bolt action bp cartridge military rifles
in original calibers plus new calibers

Stevie-Ray
August 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
Marlin Camp Carbine in 10mm

Cosmose
August 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
i would like ruger to come out with a 22/45 in 9mm,(single stack mag)

and for kel-tec to make a full size 9mm, compact 45, a p-11 in 22lr. and also a double stack p-32.

:)

SSN Vet
August 5, 2007, 11:19 PM
a tube magazine semi-auto carbine in .357, much like my .22 cal. Marlin 60

jayrod1980
August 6, 2007, 04:30 AM
How about a compact/concealable 5.7x28 handgun? C'mon FN! Also any company to make more 10mm guns... and not 1911's either. Make a real, concerted effort at an accurate 10mm that wasn't just a bastardized .45.

.45Guy
August 6, 2007, 04:52 AM
The Grendel P-30... Pointless, yet oh so much fun.

alucard0822
August 6, 2007, 09:40 AM
an assault weapon, basically A rifle that fires ultra powerful ammunition, capable of extreme accuracy at long ranges, yet can defy the laws of physics to allow conrolled and rapid fire from the hip with little recoil, easy for even children to shoot well. And it should be available on practically every street corner, with not even a background check to slow you down, posessing firepower worthy of the title "Weapon of Mass Destruction". And it should definetly have that deadly feature, thing that goes up:evil:

tinygnat219
August 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
Here are my wants:

10 MM / .40 S&W Revolver
.357 Sig Revolver
7.62 Tokarev Revolver
7.62 Tokarev 1911
7.62 Tokarev AR-15
High capacity semi-auto 7.62 Tokarev

mbt2001
August 6, 2007, 09:55 AM
I would like to see Winchester and / or Ruger offer lever action and semiauto's (like the deerfield .44) in .30 carbine...

IfYouOnlyKnew
August 6, 2007, 10:12 AM
SP 101 in .22lr.

68'chevelle
August 6, 2007, 10:26 AM

I agree some more Greasegun, BAR's, and Thompsons about $500 a peace at the at the most, same qulity as the original's.

Neo-Luddite
August 6, 2007, 10:33 AM
New production Colt 1903 Pockets--not improved, not updated, just BRAND NEW. It won't happen because originals would still sell for less than what a new one would reasonably cost to make if quality was matched up.

A purpose-built shorty M-1 Garand with integral rails/ sythetic stock utilizing the improved m-14 gas system but retaining the en-bloc clip set up over a box mag.

StopTheGrays
August 6, 2007, 11:12 AM
Semi-auto, mag fed carbines in:
454 casul
480 ruger

And a Hezi.

ozwyn
August 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
A CZ pistol caliber carbine which both rips off yet improves the Beretta storm.

Same combination in 10mm (naturally along with a cz 10mm)

A LeMatt replica/remake in .38/.357, .40/10mm with fully functional 20 gauge underbarrel.

the Smith and Wesson 610 ressurected.

Webleys back in production in modern calibers. (surprised the Chinese haven't looked into this given some of the other replica designs they have been doing)

SuperNaut
August 6, 2007, 11:15 AM
Beretta CX4/PX4 in .460 Rowland or 10mm.

A update/modernization of the Walther PP Super. Frankly I'd like to see some of the same technology and thought that Walther has put into their poly guns applied to their steel guns. And I wish they'd finally do a P99 in .45, I'd buy one right this second.

GunTech
August 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
The Grendel P-30... Pointless, yet oh so much fun.

It's almost a poor man's FiveseveN. Don't knock it.

I'll take mine in 17HMR.

GunTech
August 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
How about a compact/concealable 5.7x28 handgun? C'mon FN!

Hmm, from a 4 inch barrel, the 5.7x28 handloaded with a 40gn bullet will make about 1750 fps for about 280 ft-lbs. Use an 35gn Vmax and get 1892 fps and about the same energy. Going to 3 inches, velocity drops to 1600 fps, and at 2 inches your at 1100 fps and under 100 ft-lbs

fletcher
August 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
I would like to see pocket 9mms (size comparable to P3AT) produced in the $300-$500 range.

GunTech
August 6, 2007, 11:35 AM
MBA JyroJet anyone?

GEM
August 6, 2007, 11:48 AM
Stainless version of the SW 547 and a 5 shot snubbie lightweight version with that extractor.

Gaston has turned down the slim line Glock despite many pleas for it.

A pocket 22 LR semi that works - unlike the Taurus and Berettas.

Kjay
August 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
How about something easy:

Marlin 336 Cowboy in .30-30 w/20, 22 or 24" barrel
Ruger Frontier in .223
Ruger Alaskan in non-exotic calibers such as .308, .30-06, etc.

Black Majik
August 6, 2007, 12:31 PM
My request is pretty simple.

SIG X5 with fixed sights on a STEEL frame.

The X5 Tactical with fixed sights would be perfect, except that it's on an alloy receiver.

Gord
August 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
I'm still drooling over the idea of a modernized top-break like Vash's revolver from Trigun:

http://www.sidkit.com/vashgun_img/vgunan.gif

Beretta makes the Laramie in .45LC (http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/ggps/8771/) so I know a break-top can be made to handle the stress. I've always liked top-breaks, it's just that they tend to be so friggin' fugly.

I don't care so much about a replica of Vash's gun above (okay, I do, but...), I just want a top-break in the style of a "normal" revolver and in a caliber less wimpy than .32 or obscure SASS loads.

Would also like a doublestack semi and a carbine in 7.62x25. At least that'd be moderately useful as a cheapo-surplus (for the time being, anyway) blaster and poor man's FN 5.7 - unlike the myriad of .17HMR revolvers Taurus is producing for some reason (seriously, what is the use of a .17 out of a snubnose?)

Annnd last but not least, a new production 7.62x54R semi-auto rifle. I can't imagine anything more beautiful in my mind than a sleek black $250 Saiga paired with some hard-hitting 10-cents-a-round surplus 54R. Hello, poor man's FAL. Extra bonus points if it's styled after an M1A.

Oh - and a Hi-Point in .22LR. C'mon Hi-Point, make me a reliable, reasonably accurate brick of a .22 and price it under $100...

obiwan1
August 6, 2007, 05:39 PM
I haven't read all of the posts (time constraint) but i'll submit .........................

Ruger SP101 in .44Spl.

Nil
August 6, 2007, 05:45 PM
The gun I want to see is already produced: the Norinco M1A. I figure if you guys can create guns, eliminating an import ban shouldn't be that big of a deal, should it?

fletcher
August 6, 2007, 05:52 PM
eliminating an import ban shouldn't be that big of a deal, should it?

I wish. We really have no way to successfully lobby against import bans.

Would also like a doublestack semi and a carbine in 7.62x25.

I would love a modern handgun chambered in 7.62x25.

Punkermonkey
August 6, 2007, 06:05 PM
My list is short:

1) .223 rim fire. And the bolt to use it. Actually I'm surprised someone in California has not come up with this yet.

2) The second one they already make, I just wish they could import the semi auto MP5.

GunTech
August 6, 2007, 06:11 PM
Tactical Ninja, the Trigun mockup is pretty cute. Not break top, but the Mateba unica six comes darn close, and pbvious served as inspiration. Plus it's a semi-auto revovler. How cool is that?

I'll post some photos of mine as soon as I get my web site back up.

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/weapons_fireams/matebamodel6unica460ace.jpg

spooney
August 6, 2007, 06:33 PM
New Colt hammerless models. In .380 or .32 or if they feel frisky enough maybe 9mm.

isshin68
August 6, 2007, 06:41 PM
Smith and Wesson model 27 8 shot blue steel in 5 inch and 3 1/2 inch barrels.

HonorsDaddy
August 6, 2007, 07:59 PM
Those already exist. Take a look at Taurus' Millennium line. Available in 9mm, .40 and .45. SLIGHTLY larger than the Kel-Tec, but not much, and they come in the more serious calibers.

rugerdude
August 7, 2007, 02:17 AM
Introducing the new .357 auto-magnum! I wiiiiish.

A semi-auto .357 magnum pistol that isn't a brick like the Desert Eagle and uses double-stack mags. C'mon, if the Bren machinegun (as well as a host of others) can reliably cycle a rimmed round, then we outta be able to make a gun that can do the same thing now.

^Same goes for a tactical carbine.

Someone's already tried the .22 cal M-1 carbine (an Iver johnsen I think). it was adorable and I really wanted to snag it at $275 (The guy told me upfront that he would lower the price if I wanted it, but that's what was marked). I hadn't the money or background information for it at the time though.

LET THE CHINESE EXPORT GUNS TO US AGAIN!!!!!! THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY SHOULD PRODUCE WHAT WE WANT AND BE CHEAP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!:cuss:

LexDiamonds
August 7, 2007, 02:31 AM
Springfield XD 10mm.... makes me feel funny below the belt.

e-mail them!! It can happen!

A Sig in 10mm would be great as well. While they are all under my mind spell, might as well have S&W gear up some new 10s as well. :evil:

wjustinen
August 8, 2007, 06:20 PM
Series 70 Colt Lightweight Commander, one piece backstrap, .45 ACP

.22 conversion kit for STAR Model PD, 4.25" barrel

kungfuhippie
August 8, 2007, 06:23 PM
An American made SKS with detechable magazines chambered in .308, .223, or 7mm. IT'd have to use longer magazines and a longer action, not to mention the bolt might not handle the larger loads...But I'd love to see something along these lines for hunting. Not to mention that a well made SKS can be very accurate.

Nolo
August 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'd want to see a mod on a Ruger 100 that was in a .40 caliber revolver round (like .41 Magnum, but it's obsolete), that was break-open and had a better cylinder release.
Like this one:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/Nolo_photo/Mustang41M.40F.jpg
I'd also like to see an AK in .30-06 that's not a Saiga.
Oh, this is one:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/Nolo_photo/AKR.3006.jpg
And a Mauser C96 that was fed from a 30-round banana clip and had the M3 Grease Gun's flash hider.
Hey, lookit this:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/Nolo_photo/MauserK.30Carbine.jpg
Okay, it's in a funny caliber, and I'd never want to shoot it like that (I'm lying, of course, there isn't a gun I won't shoot, but .30 Carbine fully-auto in a pistol!), but that can always be changed with my handy-dandy friend Microsoft Paint!

gbran
August 8, 2007, 09:26 PM
- 5 or 6 inch stainless, 10 shot, 17 Mach II J-Frame with iron sights and weaver rail.

Capstick1
August 10, 2007, 01:05 AM
I'd like to see the following released for sale to the public:
Sig 550 Rifle
Ruger .44 Magnum Semi Carbine with a detachable 20rd magazine
The Colt Targetsman .22 pistol
H&K mod 91, 94, and 93
GALIL Rifle
Steyr AUG Rifle

It will probably be a cold day before this ever happens but that's my wish list.

elenius
August 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
A Mini-4 in a smaller than 7.62 but larger than 5.56
round as a true all around 'ranch' rifle

You mean Mini-14? If so, this already exists: The Mini-14 in 6.8mm SPC (http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=5814&return=Y)

illspirit
August 10, 2007, 04:43 AM
I too would like to see a single-stack, XD sub-compact. It just seems like it would be perfect. Why hasn't Springfield thought of this? :banghead:

Would also be nice if there was a way to make an AK with a separate lower and upper (instead of the wobbly dustcover) so as to allow a top rail and/or moving the rear sight back.

Invalid
August 10, 2007, 07:24 AM
.45-70 in an "assault" rifle. A Civil War relic meets the railgun from Quake.

40SW
August 10, 2007, 07:49 AM
I would like to see more pistols produced which are chambered in 10mm, especially in polymer frames like the Tanfoglio Witness Pro Carry. One of my favorite cartridges. I would also like to see more Makarov clones like the CZ83 in modern production. Would love to see a modern production pistol chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev and/or .30 Luger. Would love to see both the 10mm and the 7.62x25 Tokarev developed and researched, and applied on the tactical side. Same goes for the 5.7x28
Other trends I like that I am seeing is that alot of manufacturers are marketing better towards women with respect to the finish of the firearm, grips, accessories, CCW gear, etc. Its a great trend.
As far as long guns, I would love to see more development in foldable carbines like the Kel Tec SUB2000 and SU16. I would love to see more carbines in .40SW and .45ACP, like the Beretta CX4, etc.
This is the stuff I like, I am seeing more of it, and its a good thing.

High Planes Drifter
August 10, 2007, 08:59 AM
I'd like to see Glock offer a carbine(when/if they start making carbines) in .30 Carbine. I think we need more offerings on .30 Carbine, an all around fun & great round.

doubleg
August 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
A modern production bolt action .308 Win rifle that can take stripper clips and has a pair of peep sights on it.

Tell me that wouldn't be a great all purpose weapon.

Trifler
August 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
- An accurate pistol in .17 Hornady Mach 2
- A seven shot Ruger GP100 .357
- A semi-auto only version of the Steyr AUG Para 9mm (Actually I'd like a legal 3 round burst on it, but alas...)

I think in rifles people prefer the .17 HMR or the .22 WMR, so the .17 HM2 is losing out there, but I think the real niche for the .17 HM2 is the Plinking/Target Pistol. The .17 HM2 is far more accurate than the .22LR and the dimensions are the same. I know Ruger tried to create a Mark III conversion and failed because something wasn't strong enough, so it's time to make something that works.

Fulcrum of Evil
August 20, 2007, 04:28 AM
For some reason, I want the pistol from Hellsing - it claims .454 cassull, so there's some obvious work that needs to be done on the cartridge, but whatever. I want a 5 lb overpowered ACP.

Zen21Tao
August 20, 2007, 04:44 AM
- Polymer Sig (I'd settle for them releasing the Sig P250),

- Full size and compact Sig chambered in 10mm

- Subcompact 10mm Kahr.

Monkeybear
August 20, 2007, 05:03 AM
A Taurus Mateba.

TL1234
August 20, 2007, 05:05 AM
-Simplified 1911 (1911 freaks, don't kill me, I love JMB too but there is no reason someone can't make a 1911-like gun that comes apart and comes together as easily as a Sig or Glock)

-If not a simplified 1911, a skinnier Sig 220 would also be GREAT!

-Affordable reproduction Lugers

-More single stack handguns (Walther PPS is a step in the right direction, too bad it is so ugly)

-Glocks with 1911 Grip Angles (I know there are other brands out there that are similar to Glocks with the 1911 angle, but I don't particularly like the look of other polymer offerings, and I actually like the simple, business like "look" of Glocks, as unbelievable as that may sound.)

My post is full of blasphemy, forgive me!

Mikhail Konovalov
August 20, 2007, 05:17 AM
I would like someone to pick up and produce the Perigrine Industries Falcon (Updated Bren Ten.)

A Jericho 941F in .357 SIG.

Pflager-Katsumata Series D...
http://i16.tinypic.com/4mi59jp.jpg

M41A Pulse Rifle!
http://i9.tinypic.com/4ku39ua.jpg
Especially if they can get the sound right.

Working Man
August 20, 2007, 06:38 AM
A .45-70 in a Rhino format. Its basicaly a non-semiauto Mateba.

I'd like someone to make a 7", full dustcover, .45 Super in a 1911 format without
a tack rail, all steel, squaired-off top, with 12rnd mags

kiwibird1
August 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
I would like to see the Colt Mustang brought back.

nwilliams
September 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
A semi-auto, civilian legal reproduction M1918 BAR:rolleyes:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/nwilliams27/bar1918.jpg

El Tejon
September 3, 2007, 02:22 PM
Bob's Title I BAR in Ohio not good enough for ya???:confused:

Here's his BAR: http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/semi-auto/SLR-semi.html

Not good enough? Not exactly what you want?

I've handled them in Indy. Big, heavy, but cool looking. Have not shot one though.

nwilliams
September 3, 2007, 04:39 PM
So, you don't like the Title I BARs that Bob is making over in Ohio???

His gun: http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/sem.../SLR-semi.html

Not good enough for ya? Not exactly what you want?

I've handled them at the gun shows in Indy. Seem nice enough. Have not shot one though.

Nice, but I couldn't justify spending over $3000 on any gun, that's more than my car is worth now!:D

Under $2000 and I would probably consider one.

Its still nice to see that someone out there is making these guns available, even if I can't afford one.

SuperNaut
September 3, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well, I see we have gone in a sci-fi direction. If that is the case:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/MojoPhilter/Guns/tetrasidearm.png

Kalashnikov
September 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
A 700 NE carbine.
A 41mag lever action
A norinco repro of the SVT
Actually Norinco can repro all WWI and WWII guns.

mgregg85
September 3, 2007, 06:41 PM
XD Compact Tactical in 10mm

akodo
September 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
A 41mag lever action

ive seen those around, winchester or marlin used to make the, and if marlin they probably still do

Nolo
September 3, 2007, 09:20 PM
Is that "Series D" pistol the gun from Blade Runner?

Nolo
September 3, 2007, 09:25 PM
I have to add:
The Winchester 1895 (in .30-06, of course). I love that rifle.
And a semi-auto, civilian-legal DP-28 Light Machine Gun clone.

win71
September 3, 2007, 10:04 PM
Handgun not rifle. I've wanted one so long I can't remember why anymore.

KadicDeshi
September 3, 2007, 10:50 PM
A single-stack CZ in .45ACP. A CZ 75B in .45GAP. An importable or US-made Bison (including the helix mag) chambered for 7.62x25.

Barrett

TEX
September 4, 2007, 02:22 AM
Ruger GP100 with a 7-shot cylinder and reduction of the false reset presently in the cylinder latch system.

Ruger SP101 in a 6-shot cylinder with a modification as stated above.

Mini-14 with adjustable gas block and designed to use M-16/AR-15 magazines or AK mags in 7.62x39, and with adjustable trigger stop and mag storage space in stock.

AK type carbine with gas tube on bottom, thumb type safety, with an H&K type rotating rear drum sight.

Glock 45-ACP single stack with slim lines like their model 36, I believe it is.

Glock full size chambered in 356TSW or 9x21

Glock carbine in 7.62x39 and 5.56

Glock in the older Gen II style with a 19/23 size grip and 17/22 length slide with rounded nose bevel.

Short barrel FAL built around the 7.62x39 and able to use AK mags.

Glock .22 rimfire with (reliable) 30 round magazine

shooter429
September 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
Although someone already took that idea :uhoh:

3" Gp100 with Adjustable NS, finger groove rubber stocks, and slicker action stock.

Shooter429

BamBam-31
September 4, 2007, 03:13 PM
Sub-compact single stack 9mm Glock.

Full-sized single stack .45 Glock.

TehK1w1
September 5, 2007, 12:38 AM
A repro version of the gun I just saw in an anime-a DA/SA, BELT-FED:what: 1911 in .30-06 :eek:

Will Fennell
September 5, 2007, 02:17 AM
10mm carbine, semi auto, no bigger than a M1 carbine. Similar format......reasonalby priced, reliable mags in 10, 20, and 30 round capacity.

A Keltec P3At with usable sights.

An alloy framed, 1911 CCO [commander slide, officer's frame] "series 70 format switch barrel 9mm/9x23mm with no mim.

A sub $1000 28 gauge quality 28 ga O/U.

that's a start......

havanatrader
September 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
10mm carbine, semi auto, no bigger than a M1 carbine. Similar format......reasonalby priced, reliable mags in 10, 20, and 30 round capacity.

I'd buy that!

GunTech
September 6, 2007, 12:25 AM
10mm carbine looks intriguing. Looks like it would be possible to throw a 200gn slug at 1400 fps. That would definitely leave a mark.

eliphalet
September 6, 2007, 12:34 AM
Left handed 22 Hornet made in the USA. A reasonably priced LH 375 H&H or heck even the new Ruger 375 in LH, but I have always wanted a H&H in LH.

jungleroy
September 6, 2007, 03:32 AM
I would like a Calico liberty 100 , only make it a chambered for 45 Auto.

68'chevelle
October 2, 2007, 01:27 PM
I would like to see a semi-auto Enfield no4 MK1 in .303cal. in it's current bolt action shape but in semi-auto.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns You'd Like To See Produced." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!