Need help with new ads

PDA

Reddbecca
August 5, 2007, 03:31 PM
I'm slowly getting back into making my gun ads, but I need help because I'm coming up short on good ideas.

One idea I want to do is about the range of the .50 caliber. I'm using the 1874 Sharps rifle, and the fact that it could deliver a 500 gr. bullet to a maximum effective range of 3,500 yards, or 1.9 miles; further than the effective range of the .50 BMG.

Only problem is I don't know exactly what to say to make it look right and point out that the anti-gunners wouldn't leave it alone either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with new ads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blackbeard
August 5, 2007, 04:33 PM
Forget the Sharps. I'd challenge the premise that long range accuracy is bad. How about a nice pic of a .50BMG rifle, with a $3000 price tag prominently displayed. Caption: Has anyone ever used this to rob a gas station for $50?

Reddbecca
August 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
Forget the Sharps. I'd challenge the premise that long range accuracy is bad.

According to the army in the 1870s and 1880s that was good.

How about a nice pic of a .50BMG rifle, with a $3000 price tag prominently displayed. Caption: Has anyone ever used this to rob a gas station for $50?

Find a picture of that and I'll see what I can do with it.

Besides, the anti-gunners are harping less about it being used by criminals and more about it being used by terrorists here in America.

SaMx
August 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
shoot down the "shoot down planes" argument.

The U.S. military used to use 4 M2 machine guns as an anti aircraft gun, but they replaced it with a missile system because it wasn't effective enough. The antis are claiming that one man, with one rifle, firing one bullet, can do the job that 4 machine guns can't. That's just ridiculous.

Reddbecca
August 5, 2007, 04:47 PM
The U.S. military used to use 4 M2 machine guns as an anti aircraft gun, but they replaced it with a missile system because it wasn't effective enough. The antis are claiming that one man, with one rifle, firing one bullet, can do the job that 4 machine guns can't. That's just ridiculous.

What's more ridiculous is that there are people stupid enough to believe it and everything else said about the .50 BMG.

NeoSpud
August 5, 2007, 04:52 PM
I heard that a fifty caliber rifle can smell fear! :o

SaMx- I totally agree. Wasn't it not long ago that people were freaking out over laser pointers being used to blind pilots, or something like that? The hyperemotional never cease to amuse :p

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with new ads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!