im liking the idea of a .45 GAP more and more

PDA

MJRW
July 2, 2003, 11:27 AM
Caught a short article on the performance of the round. I like it. One thing that kept me from all non-1911 .45 ACPS is that huge grip. If this really does make the grip more reasonably sized, I may want one real bad like. And I'm thinking that the .45 GAP, if it performs as stated, in a XD package may well be my magic sword. I wouldn't buy an XD-9 or XD-40 because it bothers me knowing there is so much more room there for more rounds that I can't use because of some useless bill. However, with the .45 GAP, that won't bother me anymore.

If you enjoyed reading about "im liking the idea of a .45 GAP more and more" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
July 2, 2003, 11:47 AM
The ATF has ruled that its legal to stuff 15 rounds of 9mm into a XD40 mag and insert it into an XD9 (since the mag isnt altered, and will still work in an XD40). $23 per is a common price for factory-made mags.

Kharn

10-Ring
July 2, 2003, 11:52 AM
Maybe I'll wait and see what happens after the round is actually introduced and available, but I still don't get the point other than to feed someone's ego.

krept
July 2, 2003, 12:26 PM
Be careful guys, you might get some folks that get upset because they perceive you as getting upset at something you don't have to buy. ;)

I just wanna see the expansion/penetration figures for this cartridge. If they can somehow get 230 grain pills in it, that would be great. Some people didn't care about the 450 SMC, I think it's awesome. This "GAP" (lol) may be pretty good for personal defense.

cheers

E357
July 2, 2003, 02:29 PM
I like the thought of some other makers putting this round into their 9mm sized carry guns.

Elliot

If you enjoyed reading about "im liking the idea of a .45 GAP more and more" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!