Just thought of a good question

PDA

boredelmo
August 6, 2007, 02:06 AM
For those of us that are not allowed Open Carry at all, can you open carry your magazines?

I know it would seem like backwards thinking if you wanted the element of surprise etc etc.

Just wondering.

(P.S. Im in Texas if that makes a difference.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Just thought of a good question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nitrogen
August 6, 2007, 02:41 AM
There's no texas law about "open carrying" ammo, so you should be okay.

General Geoff
August 6, 2007, 02:46 AM
asking for trouble in a state where open carry is prohibited.

Brian Williams
August 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
You probably can, but why, it would be a flag to any Lawman, that person is armed.

In Pa, It would probably get you for "brandishing"

GRIZ22
August 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
For those of us that are not allowed Open Carry at all, can you open carry your magazines?

Why would you want to?

average_shooter
August 6, 2007, 12:07 PM
I think it is a decent question.

How about this;

In states that require carry to be concealed, if you move someway and your shirt rides up over your reload, but your firearm is still concealed, can you get tagged as if your firearm were visible (i.e. brandishing, etc.) ?

HKUSP45C
August 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
In states that require carry to be concealed, if you move someway and your shirt rides up over your reload, but your firearm is still concealed, can you get tagged as if your firearm were visible (i.e. brandishing, etc.) ?

NVM, didn't read and or comprehend, Texas law actually doesn't address ammo as it pertains to CC.

strat81
August 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
My mag carrier is a covered model... looks kinda like one of those nylon Leatherman holsters. Bought it for the very reasons stated here (i.e., brandishing).

Blackbeard
August 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
It's an interesting question. I'm in a "no-carry-at-all-you-gun-nut-psychopath" state, but I've wondered if carrying ammo with no gun is illegal. Just have a couple of loaded mags on your belt and that's it.

Of course, it would be pointless except to provoke a reaction.

MikeH
August 6, 2007, 03:26 PM
It'd be illegal in Washington DC, where "possession of unregistered ammunition" is a misdemeanor.

Omaney
August 6, 2007, 03:34 PM
UNREGISTERED AMMUNITION???????????????:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:...***?!?!?

One must register ammo in DC? That is one despotic municipality.

damien
August 6, 2007, 03:41 PM
Write your AG for clarification.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just thought of a good question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!