Scope Mounts?

PDA

BOW CEFUS
August 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone i just bought a Remington SPS in 308 today. I was wondering what scope mounts to get. Should i get the leopold scope mounts and rings or should i go with the weaver such as Warne. Thanks for the replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope Mounts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Anteater1717
August 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
anyone?

Zeke Menuar
August 6, 2007, 08:46 PM
All my scoped guns have Weaver bases. Two have Warne rings so I voted for Warne/Weaver.

One set is on a 300 Weatherby. Solid as a rock.

ZM

CommanderPoopyduX
August 6, 2007, 09:27 PM
I just put the actual Weaver brand base on my 700, because I really couldn't see a $15 difference when looking at both of them side by side.

USSR
August 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
None of the above. Get yourself a Badger 20MOA base and rings, or if $$$ is an issue, then go with TPS. Remember, your base, rings, and scope are the interface between you and your rifle. Don't go cheap.

Don

browningguy
August 6, 2007, 10:43 PM
With all due respect, I think $130 Badger bases are a complete waste of money. A steel Weaver or picattiny base gives a very solid lockup for less than 1/10th the price. You really only need a 20moa base if planning on doing a lot of 600 yard plus shooting. I have both Leupold and weaver stryle bases for various rifles, and prefer the weaver style for hard kickers. For example bith my .300 win and .458 Win have weaver bases, my HK SLB2000 came from the factory with a weaver style base.

Weaver style bases are not pretty, but they wrok as well as anything on the market for a reasonable price. Just don't but the cheap weaver rings and it will b a setup to last forever. I hve both Warnes and Leupold QD rings for several of my weaver style bases and can recommend them both

Apologies for any typing errors ,just got out or surgery and am drugged up so I may not be spelling weel.

scubie02
August 6, 2007, 10:51 PM
nothing wrong with the Leupold's, but I don't think you'll find anything much more solid than the warne's. And I own or have used Leupold's, Burris, several Weaver's, Warne's, Talley's...any number of cheaper brands...honestly, I don't know that I've even had cheap Tasco's or whatever ever fail on me, but the Warne's are not exactly expensive for the solid rings that they are.

Anteater1717
August 7, 2007, 05:23 PM
Id go with weaver with quick detach rings

USSR
August 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
With all due respect, I think $130 Badger bases are a complete waste of money. A steel Weaver or picattiny base gives a very solid lockup for less than 1/10th the price. You really only need a 20moa base if planning on doing a lot of 600 yard plus shooting.

Both Badger and TPS ARE steel picatinny bases. When you have a rifle such as this, it simply begs to have it's legs stretched now and again. To set up such a rifle in a way that imposes a 500 yard limit on it is silly. Just MHO.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Scope Mounts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!