Glock 36 Question

PDA

MikePGS
August 6, 2007, 07:55 PM
As part of my ongoing exploration as to what type of pistol i want to buy, i'm currently looking into the G36. I held one at the local gander mountain today and really liked the way it felt in my hand. I also held a 30, but it was a tad bit thick i think. Anyways, i seem to recall hearing that there were some problems with the G36 that aren't typically found in Glocks (In general i mean). It was either FTF or FTE I believe, but i'm not sure. Does anyone know what i'm talking about, or am i just mashing up a few things in my head? Also the one at the gunstore was used and has some sort of rubber grip on it that was in the middle of the grip, but not on the bottom or really all that high up on it. It was almost like a back strap, but i believe it just slipped on over the grip. Does anyone know what brand this might be? Before you say search, i already did and believe me, typing Glock and the number 36 into the search function isn't the easiest thing to sort through:) I believe i got 10000 threads, and 400 pages. I got to around 5 before i decided to come and ask here. Thank you in advance for your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DoubleTapDrew
August 6, 2007, 08:28 PM
I've heard some reliability problems from those as well but at least as many people that say theirs has been flawless.
Was it a hogue handall?
http://www.midwayusa.com/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=662386

MikePGS
August 6, 2007, 08:40 PM
you know, i think that is the grip, thank you:)

Harley Quinn
August 6, 2007, 08:44 PM
HI,
Is this the problem you are asking about?

This might help, or not.:uhoh:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/problems.html

HQ

gbelleh
August 6, 2007, 09:14 PM
I bought a G36 about 5 years ago that had a defect in the recoil spring assembly. It broke apart during fire locking up the gun and damaging the frame. That happened on its first trip to the range. I traded that one to someone who was willing to deal with fixing it.

I finally decided to give the Glock another chance, and just bought another G36 a few weeks ago. So far, after about 250 rounds, it has been great. I plan to use it as a cool weather carry gun if it keeps up the good shooting.

MikePGS
August 6, 2007, 09:52 PM
Yikes, thats not what i was talking about.. but that sounds pretty horrible to.

10-Ring
August 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
I never warmed up to my 36...I could never get comfy w/ my pinky hanging off the grip -- esp while shooting :rolleyes:

BsChoy
August 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
My G36 was dead reliable...only choked on cheap (wolf) ammo. Fed all others flawlessly

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 36 Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!