need some help

PDA

mod700
August 6, 2007, 09:40 PM
ive been shooting a lot over the summer practicing for the upcoming deer season.the other day it occurred to me that as much as i shoot, it might be a good idea for me to start reloading my own ammunition. then it occurred to me that i have no experience at all in this hobby. any suggestions on getting started or websites to go to for information on this would be great.

If you enjoyed reading about "need some help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
v8stang289
August 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
Check out the handloading and reloading forum here at THR, theres a wealth of information and stickies at the top to answer your questions about getting started.

Owens
August 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome to THR. You will find reloading a very rewarding activity. For starters, if there is someone around you (a fellow shooter?) that reloads, they would be a great resource. In lieu of that, I would suggest getting a reload manual (Sierra, Hornady, etc.) and do a little reading. Also, there is a reload forum here on THR, which would most likely be a good spot to browse. Here is a link to a good read: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=238214
A few things I will pass as solid reload advice is to keep a clear head and think about what you are doing.
Happy loading!

If you enjoyed reading about "need some help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!