Remington SPS in .308 Win

PDA

Anteater1717
August 6, 2007, 11:19 PM
I just bought a Remington SPS in 308 today. I can't wait the ten days. What are you're average groups with you're sps? Also, What would be a better scope for it a Leopold Rifleman 4-12 or a XVI- 4-12. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington SPS in .308 Win" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don't Tread On Me
August 6, 2007, 11:59 PM
http://www.snipercentral.com/remspsv.htm

This is a good review.

As for the scope, both are Leupold's lower lines. When I looked on their site, it appears that the Rifleman has better features than the VX-1. But the Rifleman is treated as the budget line. Maybe an expert can shed some light on that.

Anteater1717
August 7, 2007, 03:09 AM
anyone?

rdaines
August 7, 2007, 08:44 AM
Having seveal 700s in various calibers I can say, with confidence, that you should get 1 MOA or just sub MOA groups if:

- you find the right commerical ammo (168 grainers would be a good start)
- keep barrel clean
- work up your own handloads

Scope magnification depends on what you plan to shoot and where. I've had good luck with Burris recently. I also like variables in the 14x class for long shooting.

BOW CEFUS
August 8, 2007, 02:25 AM
anyone else

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington SPS in .308 Win" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!