No importation of Surplus ammo....

PDA

The Deer Hunter
August 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
So I read in the thread asking if the 7.62x54R was drying up, one member said that the BATFE no longer allows the importation of surplus ammo. Why is this?

And why is new production stuff ok to import?

Why isn't there anything we can do to stop them from disarming us further?

If you enjoyed reading about "No importation of Surplus ammo...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
August 7, 2007, 12:06 AM
my understanding is this isnt BATFE its the UN. with alot of former com blocs looking to get UN/Nato recognition. they have to abide by the rules of the UN. one recent UN thing is restricting the export of ammo and weapons. so we will probibly see a drop in Surplus ammo, and Civi made guns

jlbraun
August 7, 2007, 12:14 AM
Actually, what I've heard is that people like AIM and others are trying to buy up surplus, but the UN is offering way more to destroy ammo than AIM can afford to pay to import it to us.

JWarren
August 7, 2007, 12:45 AM
Reason #4,502 why I hate the UN.

-- John

Prince Yamato
August 7, 2007, 01:42 AM
Where's the proof in this? I sounds a little too conspiracy theory/excuse to hike ammo prices to me. I mean, it SOUNDS like something the UN would do, but I think Americans would give foreign countries far more money than they UN would or could.

Kim
August 7, 2007, 01:57 AM
Where do you think most of the UN money to do this is coming from? We the People :eek:

Kilgor
August 7, 2007, 02:07 AM
Ted Turner donated a BILLION dollars from his own wealth to the UN...

Remember that next time you watch CNN, TNT, TMC, VH1, eat at a Ted's Montana Grill, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "No importation of Surplus ammo...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!