Wooden AK rounds.

PDA

America_without_liberals
August 7, 2007, 12:58 PM
Has anyone played with this ammo?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=357097&pn=2

How was your experience?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wooden AK rounds." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tnieto2004
August 7, 2007, 01:05 PM
I have been wondering the same thing .. I have seen this stuff around but never tried it..

glimmerman
August 7, 2007, 01:08 PM
it is only good out to about 10 yds, bullet pretty much disintegrates leaveing the barrel, It will not cycle action!! goes "pop" and thats about it.

nalioth
August 7, 2007, 01:16 PM
This was made for the Finns or one of those countries who use the AK derived rifles.

They use a special blank adaptor that shreds the round as it's fired.

W/O the blank adaptor, these WILL KILL. Be Careful.

h0ss
August 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
I know absolutely nothing about reloading. Since the primer is already in there, would it be possible to somehow pull the wooden round out, buy some real 7.62x39 bullets and then swap out the powder to make it strong enough to propel the new copper, and then press the new bullet in? If possible, you could buy 2000 rounds and the supplies to do it for not too much over the cost of what half of 2000 rounds of wolf are going for, couldn't you?

h0ss
August 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
That is, assuming you already have the reloading equipment.

dstorm1911
August 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
the brass is short and to thin, this was covered very indepth back when Sportsmans first got it and a bunch of us bought it for the brass as it was originally advertised as Boxer primed etc.. check Gunboards.com for all the discussion that went on bout it

h0ss
August 7, 2007, 02:25 PM
ahhh... thanks. i wasn't thinking of reloading it, was just curious. I figured more people would have jumped on it had it been possible. Kind of knew in the back of my mind it had to be too good to be true. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Wooden AK rounds." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!