Should Lawdog Run for Sheriff?

PDA

bogie
August 7, 2007, 08:16 PM
I'll run some banners, signs and stickers for just the materials cost.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should Lawdog Run for Sheriff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.cheese.
August 7, 2007, 08:17 PM
where? I think Shaq is running down by me. Or at least says he's thinking about it.

MaterDei
August 7, 2007, 08:19 PM
If being sheriff will give him more time to tell his stories then I'm all for him running for sheriff.

Hawk
August 7, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'm in. I'm afraid Grand Prairie isn't sufficiently North though.

Warhorse
August 7, 2007, 08:25 PM
Judging merely by the common sense that Lawdog espouses in his blog, I think that his expertise is sorely needed as sheriff in Lower Bugscuffle or whatever the name of the place really is.

Note: Common sense is really a rather rare commodity!:evil:

CSA 357
August 7, 2007, 08:30 PM
well he looks like he should be running from the law! some one had to say it, why not me? csa:D

trickyasafox
August 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
only if he relocates to upstate ny and is my sheriff.

glockman19
August 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
Have him come run against Sheriff Baca in LA county CA. We'd welcome him here with open arms. Also we're ready for a change.

Well-Armed Lamb
August 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
I voted "yup," just because I want to see the inevitable stories that will result. I'll completely understand if it's not a realistic option, but it's really amusing to contemplate.

redneckrepairs
August 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
I think its far too personal a decision to poll. The dog has a better grip on local issues, and his own desires than any of us here . I have no doubt he would be a fine sheriff should he choose to apply his talents to that course of action. I also have a gut feeling that he is far to smart to want the office .

springmom
August 7, 2007, 10:22 PM
But only if he moves to Harris County and runs HERE. :D

Springmom

McKnife
August 7, 2007, 10:30 PM
But only if he moves to Harris County and runs HERE.

+100

Snake Eyes
August 7, 2007, 10:49 PM
I know who Law Dog is, but he hasn't actually posted on THR in almost 6 months. I miss his posts, and wish he participated more often--along with several other "OG" members that seem to have drifted off.

I mentioned something like this about Tamara a while back, and somebody (with a name in bold letters) made a snarky comment about her blog and how if I really missed the posts I could go read the blog. So before any one tells me about Law Dog's blog (which I have read), let me say preemptively: That's not the point.

Law Dog, Tamara and others add real value to THR and are part of the reason I joined and stayed. Reading their blogs is fine...but it doesn't add anything to THR. And I think that 'something' they added has been sorely missing lately. Maybe it's something about getting that user name in bold that just burns folks out.

So, back on topic, NO I don't think Law Dog should run for Sheriff. I think he should get his hiney back to THR and get his post average up to 10 or 12 a month. Maybe he could bring some of the other "THR Plank Owners" back with him.

Please.

Matt King
August 7, 2007, 11:03 PM
That would be sweet!
However, is he seriously contemplating running?

Hawk
August 7, 2007, 11:53 PM

Good luck with that.

DFW has a tripwire set up - he'll never make it south of Mansfield.

bogie
August 8, 2007, 01:11 AM
Bugtussle County needs to draft him. He'd be wonderful for tourism... I betcha I can get the race NATIONAL attention on major TV...

arthurcw
August 8, 2007, 03:04 AM

+100

+ 10000000 more.

DFW has a tripwire set up - he'll never make it south of Mansfield.

I volunteer to run a diversion. Someone just needs to supply the pink gorilla suit.

bogie
August 8, 2007, 04:04 AM
I'm SERIOUS. Couple a politcial campaign with The Blog, and he's either got a guaranteed writing career, or he's elected. It's win/win...

AugustusMcCrae
August 8, 2007, 11:02 AM
I vote yes. He seems to be a down to earth fellow with a sense of humor, inteligence & is not anti-gun to boot.:)

arthurcw
August 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
Could you imagine Lawdog as your CLEO?

Good Citizen: "Sheriff Dog. I'd like to get a Can. Could you sign these papers?"

Lawdog: "A Can, eh?" *The good sheriff takes out a pen*

GC: "Yes sir."

LD: "Well, you do know I reserve the right of Prima Nocte."

GC: "Prima Donna?"

LD: *Migraine salute* "No, Prima Noc... It means I get to shoot her first. Ok?"

GC: "OH, Ok. So it's be kinda like having a Trailer Park Virgin?"

LD: "That's certainly a way of looking at it, yes." *scribbles name* "Technically, I'm not her Daddy, but anything to further the conversation."

GC: "Thanks, I'll let you know when she's in."

LD: *smiles* "I bet it's the other way around."

GC: "Pardon?"

LD: "Never mind. It's good to be the king."

Or consider an alternate scenario.

Visitor: "Thanks for taking the time to see me sheriff."

LD: "Oh I would not have missed this for the world."

V: "You got our correspondence about Mayors Against Illegal Guns?"

LD: "Oh yes."

V: "We are trying to get as many Police Chiefs and Sheriffs involved as possible to show how important this is too the Law Enforcement Community."

LD: "I bet."

V: *Continues on like a tiny impala drinking at water's edge not noticing the Croc about to pounce* "So we can count on your support?"

LD: "Sure... I hate illegal guns. There are too many out there."

V: "glad you agree!"

LD: "So when do we get started on the repeal of the '86 freeze on Machine Gun registration?"

V: "Pardon me?"

LD: "That's way beyond my preview as a lowly Shire Reeve."

V: "..." *frumpled brow*

LD: "That darn law made a bunch of perfectly serviceable Full Autos illegal by '89. We need that law gone ASAP. Then we can start working on the others."

V: "Sheriff, I don't think you fully understand."

LD: "Oh yes I do. Illegal guns are ruining this country. $10,000 for a full auto M-16 if you are real lucky! That's Criminal! There'd be a whole lot less crime if every Joe Six Pack had a Suppressed Select Fire M-16 about the house."

V: *look of horror* "SHERIFF!"

LD: "That's just about the look I'd expect from an intruder who saw Joe drawing a bead on him with that rig. Would make my life a whole lot simpler as a Sheriff. You know the paperwork for a dead intruder is a whole lot less than for a living one."

V: "I don't think we have any more to talk about Sheriff!" *Gets up to leave*

LD: "Wait! You haven’t told me when we are going to work on getting rid of the '68 and '34 laws? This kind of work takes planning!"

V: *Leaving in a hurry, dropping papers;"

LD: *Gigglesnort*

Chipperman
August 8, 2007, 12:55 PM
Nice :D

El Tejon
August 8, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yes, but only if I get to be campaign manager.:D

"Why are we campaigning for votes in gyms and sushi bars?"
"Ummm, that's where the votes are?"

The_Antibubba
August 8, 2007, 01:13 PM
As sheriff, the Dog would would have to be more discreet. And respectful. And sensitive to the other "authorities" (little emperors) in the County. So I vote "No".

Besides, when would he ever have time to write?

springmom
August 8, 2007, 01:21 PM
LD: "Oh yes I do. Illegal guns are ruining this country. $10,000 for a full auto M-16 if you are real lucky! That's Criminal! There'd be a whole lot less crime if every Joe Six Pack had a Suppressed Select Fire M-16 about the house."

V: *look of horror* "SHERIFF!"

LD: "That's just about the look I'd expect from an intruder who saw Joe drawing a bead on him with that rig. Would make my life a whole lot simpler as a Sheriff. You know the paperwork for a dead intruder is a whole lot less than for a living one."

V: "I don't think we have any more to talk about Sheriff!" *Gets up to leave*

LD: "Wait! You havenít told me when we are going to work on getting rid of the '68 and '34 laws? This kind of work takes planning!"

V: *Leaving in a hurry, dropping papers;"

LD: *Gigglesnort*

Oh, help.....
can't.....breathe.....soda.....on......keyboard......down....windpipe..... :D:D:D

Springmom

AugustusMcCrae
August 8, 2007, 04:48 PM
To those who voted "Who?", this is LawDog.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

He's also a moderator here.

bogie
August 8, 2007, 07:08 PM
Texas is READY for Lawdog...

Heck, just look at...

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

arthurcw
August 8, 2007, 07:35 PM
Texas is READY for Lawdog...

Heck, just look at...

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

Governor Lawdog?

I like. certainly canít be worse that Rick "The Haircut" Perry

Poor Lawdog. He started today worried about his job and by the end of the day weíve nominated him for Governor. By the end of the week heíll be President, UN Secretary, and Pope if we keep this up.

txgho1911
August 8, 2007, 08:17 PM
So where are campaign contributions going to now?
So this is jumpin from a county race to a state office? I never smile about money sent to Austin. Maybe it is time to change that. Right after he spends a term or more as sherrif.

AmbulanceDriver
August 8, 2007, 08:27 PM
I suspect if we nominated LD for gov, he'd throw a serious fit to accompany the titanic-sized migraine sliding up his spine....

Then he'd actually stop and think about it....

While he was busy thinking about it, all the THR folk from Texas would organize the greatest write-in campaign ever seen.

And then he'd throw another fit as you all dragged him kicking and screaming into the governor's mansion.

PercyShelley
August 8, 2007, 11:25 PM
I suspect if we nominated LD for gov, he'd throw a serious fit to accompany the titanic-sized migraine sliding up his spine....

Then he'd actually stop and think about it....

While he was busy thinking about it, all the THR folk from Texas would organize the greatest write-in campaign ever seen.

And then he'd throw another fit as you all dragged him kicking and screaming into the governor's mansion.

You've got me sold on it. When can we start the write-in?

GigaBuist
August 8, 2007, 11:34 PM
UN SecretaryFirst thing that popped into my head upon seeing that was what LawDog would look like on his first day of "work.":

http://justinbuist.org/blog/images/pegg_horse.jpg

tanksoldier
August 10, 2007, 02:59 AM
By the end of the week heíll be President, UN Secretary, and Pope if we keep this up

Dawg for Pope! Dawg for Pope!

Run, Dawg, Run!

If you enjoyed reading about "Should Lawdog Run for Sheriff?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!