New RRA Tactical Carbine

PDA

Hypnogator
August 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
At the Pasadena (TX) gun show weekend before last, I spotted a new RRA tactical carbine that I'd never heard of. It isn't listed in their catalog, nor is it on their web site.

It's called a SWAT Special, and has "S.W.A.T. Special Weapons and Tactics" etched onto the right side of the magazine well. It appears to be a Tactial A4 tricked out with lightweight free-floating quad rails, Midwest Industries or Sampson flip-up front sight, tactical muzzle break, winter trigger guard, badger latch, and flip-up rear sight. The dealer was asking $1389.00 for this model, or $1689.00 including an EOTech sight (512, I think).

He was about $220.00 higher on a stock Tactical A4 than AJS, which was also at the show, so I'm guessing that the SWAT Special was a couple of hundred higher than I might be able to find it for.

Has anyone else seen or heard of these carbines? Seems to have been built to compete with the S&W 15T, as it has all the goodies built-in.

If you enjoyed reading about "New RRA Tactical Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "New RRA Tactical Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!