10/22(non barrel band) accuracy

PDA

Old 112
August 7, 2007, 09:13 PM
In respect to the to the 10/22, is there any advantage to the non band model as far as practical or target acurracy?

I am looking at a LNIB, no band, blue and walnut model for $200 with Luepold see thrus an a common 22 scope as part of the deal, but I already have 5 of these 10/22s with the barrel band. Are there some pros or cons to the no band?
Old 112

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22(non barrel band) accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PisnNapalm
August 7, 2007, 09:38 PM
You'd be best to ask over at www.rimfirecentral.com if you haven't already.

I've heard various responses to this question. I do know that when I had my carbine in the factory stock it shot better with the band than without.

jmr40
August 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
Mine that have no barrel band seem to shoot a little better, especially after the barrel starts to heat up after a lot of shooting. I would buy this one just to get the walnut stock. The stocks on these are longer and more comfortable to me as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "10/22(non barrel band) accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!