surplus ammo headstamp ID

PDA

jrfoxx
August 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
My google-fu is appparently off today, as I tried to look these up, but came up empty....

just curious as to the origin of some surplus ammo I've had for a while.First off is:

.303 british, FMJ, with headstamp 7 over K51

second is:

8mm mauser, FMJ, with headstamp 11 over 53, with a star at the right and left.

Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "surplus ammo headstamp ID" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mk VII
August 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
(i) Kynoch (Imperial Metal Industries), 1951, Mk.7
(ii) Yugoslavian, 1953

jrfoxx
August 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks.I actually thought thats what the .303 was, but the headstamp descriptons I kept finding were a little vague (to me at leat) so I wasnt real sure.Dont know if its the ammo,or my Savage Enfield no.4 mkI, or the combination of the 2, but that thing is more accurate than I can shoot it........great gun all around, and georgeous wood too, it quickly became one of my favorite milsurps..sure wish I remembered where got that ammo from......sounds like GOOD .303 british surplus is in REAL short supply anymore....

achildofthesky
August 9, 2007, 01:18 AM
www.igman.com/ammunition/codes/

If you enjoyed reading about "surplus ammo headstamp ID" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!