Off-size AR-15 front sight or gas block?

PDA

MMcfpd
August 8, 2007, 06:47 PM
It seems that the barrel mount sights and gas blocks I'm finding for ARs are most commonly .750" diameter, with some at .625" or .936". I need to find one or the other - a front sight or a railed gas block - that is either made for .728" or is a variable size mount. Any leads?

If you enjoyed reading about "Off-size AR-15 front sight or gas block?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DougW
August 8, 2007, 10:56 PM
That is a tough one. I think Yankee Hill or CMMG makes a front sight/block that is a 2 piece design that "clamshells". It is designed so that you don't have to remove the muzzle brake, and you use a dremmel to cut off the old front sight. You might look on DPMS, Model1, M&A, and Rock River web sites. That is about all I could suggest.

MMcfpd
August 8, 2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the leads. I'd already corresponded with Yankee Hill and they don't have what I need.

Zeke Menuar
August 8, 2007, 11:33 PM
Note: I'm not a machinist. I worked in a machine shop once.

Don't know if this is possible. Ask your gunsmith.

Take a .625" FSB and mill it out to .728"

A gunsmith or machinist should be able to do this.

ZM

If you enjoyed reading about "Off-size AR-15 front sight or gas block?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!