Glenfield Mod. 70, Marling arms .22LR

PDA

boredelmo
August 8, 2007, 09:27 PM
Found this rifle in dad's closet. Looks a lot like a 10/22 to me.

ANyone have any info on this rifle? Where can i get parts? Maybe just maybe 10/22 parts interchange? Mags?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glenfield Mod. 70, Marling arms .22LR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skinnyguy
August 8, 2007, 09:48 PM
Brownells.com Marlin model 70 page - http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/catsearch.aspx?c=3848&p=4816

mnrivrat
August 8, 2007, 10:47 PM
The Model 70 is a nice little carbine and I have one here. There are no parts that interchange with the Ruger.

Parts are available from any of the on line parts houses, like Brownells, and Numrich, and should be available from Marlin as well. Magazines are not hard to find and your local gun shop may even carry one on stock.

MatthewVanitas
August 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
The bad news: it's unrelated to the Ruger 10/22

The good news: it's simply the mag-fed version of the Marlin Model 60, one of the most-produced rifles of all time. It's popular for a reason: they're great rifles! Marlin is up to, what, about 10million rifles produced in the '60 series? I prefer the 75C myself, but I'm a freak.

Find the instructions online, clean it up, and take it out shooting. Here's a basic article about the Marlin .22 rifles: http://www.chuckhawks.com/marlin_model_60_rifles.htm

Are you coming back to the UT Austin shooting range this coming semester? I'll be abroad all year, but I'm sure Jack would be glad to have you around.

115grfmj
August 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
than an out of the box 10/22:neener:. And you wont need to spend any money to get it that way either:cool:. Mine is a 93 vintage, that i've retrofited with the last shot hold open feature ( no mods just swap the parts), I also get 1/4" groups with it at 50 yds (federal gold medal). I can't even begin to tell you how many rounds have gone down range with mine....it comes with me to my club every time I go.

ArmedBear
August 9, 2007, 03:07 PM
The bad news: it's unrelated to the Ruger 10/22

How, exactly, is that BAD news?:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Glenfield Mod. 70, Marling arms .22LR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!