Shot to the privates

PDA

Zackmeister
July 2, 2003, 07:16 PM
I was watching Trauma: Life in the ER the other night and they had some guy come in who had shot himself in his ding-a-ling. He was at the range and he stuck his .32 in his waistband. Lucky it was a .32 and not a .45 or their wouldn't have been anything to save. He just perpetuates the notion that gun owners are a bunch of dumb rednecks who don't practice proper firearm safety...

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot to the privates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
willyjixx
July 2, 2003, 07:22 PM
hopefully there is no salvageable goods....

wouldnt want that trait passed on

TallPine
July 2, 2003, 07:22 PM
A case of going off half-cocked, perhaps...? :D

NJ3
July 2, 2003, 07:24 PM
A case of going off half-cocked, perhaps...?

LOL

DigitalWarrior
July 2, 2003, 07:29 PM
My Mother In Law is an anti. I have almost gotten her to goto the range, and then she went and saw that on TV. Now she is propably never going to go. Now she is going to nag me about giving her grandchildren before I goto the range again.

Alan Smithiee
July 2, 2003, 07:30 PM
that tends to be a bit of a wierd show... they had one where a 8 year old kid got shot in a drive by late at night and I was expecting the doc to go off an a anti gun tirade but instead he went off on the kids mother demanding to know why her 8 year old was outside playing B Ball at 11 at night on a school night.

made for a nice change.

Tharg
July 2, 2003, 07:30 PM
Hey i did this once.... (not shoot myself)

I was in a car wreck and... well... bleh - anyway i didn't think it would be good to leave it in the car and didn't want to be seen rollin down the road w/ it in my hand... so (duh) made sure it was unloaded and safetied and put it in my waistband.... of course - the blasted thing wouldn't stay there and had to retrieve it twice from my pant leg before i got the rest of the way home.... <sigh>

Once again its more about the basic rules...

J/Tharg!

winstonsmith
July 2, 2003, 07:39 PM
I see your point willyjixx, but I would NEVER wish that on any man.

willyjixx
July 2, 2003, 07:47 PM
i need to use the emoticons more. i am a horribly sarcastic an cynical person though so mostly what i say is just cuz......i am a horribly sarcastic an cynical person.

what that man needs before he ever picks up another firearm is a really healthy dose of "Range Safety" in a class enviornment.

winstonsmith
July 2, 2003, 07:52 PM
I dont think he's gonna be picking up a gun any time soon. If he's not smart enough to make sure he doesn't get shot, then he's not smart enough to blame it on his stupidity, not the gun.

cool45auto
July 2, 2003, 08:32 PM
Did anyone see the episode where the guy got that hunting knife stuck in his brain!:eek: He left a few days later!

Anyway, what a terrible place to shoot yourself!:what:

standingbear
July 2, 2003, 08:57 PM
good thing he isnt a ..private investigator.:rolleyes:

Standing Wolf
July 2, 2003, 10:18 PM
I bet he won't do that again.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
July 2, 2003, 10:18 PM
Long ago when I was working in the ER a man was brought in from a local 'nightclub' with multiple small caliber gunshot wounds. When we got him it was discovered there were 6 rounds fired ito the general vicinity of the groin. Seems he'd been messing with a woman who wasn't his girlfriend when the Official Girlfriend showed up and left no doubt in anyone's mind who should not be trifled with.

3 in the upper thighs, 2 through the soldier, one through the bladder. .25 caliber. I never knew a Raven would empty the clip without a rack and tap drill.

BTW, hurry up and post, somebody. I hate to be the thread-killer.

Regards,
Rabbit

Triad
July 2, 2003, 10:27 PM
Considering the injuries I've had I'm thinking that being shot in the penis would be a hell of a lot better than being shot in the testicles.

RVSinOK
July 2, 2003, 10:53 PM
Ouch! Think I have to agree there....:eek:

ojibweindian
July 2, 2003, 10:57 PM
Candidate for a Darwin Award honorable mention.

Weimadog
July 2, 2003, 11:36 PM
didn't want to be seen rollin down the road w/ it in my hand... so (duh) made sure it was unloaded and safetied and put it in my waistband.... of course - the blasted thing wouldn't stay there and had to retrieve it twice from my pant leg before i got the rest of the way home.... <sigh>
:eek: You're referring to your, um, gun, right? Right? :eek:

Weimadog

El Tejon
July 3, 2003, 12:08 AM
Sticking a pistol in his waistband?!?!:eek:

Which gun rag was he reading that made him do this???:confused:

stevelyn
July 3, 2003, 12:34 AM
The headline should be:
Johnson Receives Gunshot Wound :D

blades67
July 3, 2003, 12:41 AM
I bet he won't do that again.

Don't bet your paycheck on that. He did it once.:scrutiny: :evil:

Byron Quick
July 3, 2003, 01:03 AM
Heh, I had a young man in my ER who was enamored of Mexican carry. Looked like it might have been a 9mm. Seems he was hard at work that night, kicking in folks' front doors and committing burglary and the weapon discharged during his kick. It missed his genitals. Somehow it missed his femoral artery...by a gnat's whisker. In and out on the upper, inner thigh.

ed dixon
July 3, 2003, 01:20 AM
Anyone who would use this to perpetuate a gun owner stereotype is a fool to be ignored. Guns don't make you smart, and there are certainly a lot of dumb foolhardy gun owners. Just think cars and road saftey. If it were up to me I'd take dozens (at least) of drivers off the road every day. In conclusion, gun owners aren't stupid; people are stupid. Feel better?

Crimper-D
July 3, 2003, 02:11 AM
And they AINT' Pretty! = Painful too:eek:
Terminal Stupidity abounds, but I wouldn't wish _that_ injury on ANY man! OW! OWIE! OW!!!:eek: :what:

keithernTN
July 3, 2003, 11:17 AM
The diagram the doctor drew showing the bullits path was not pretty since the gun and his uh.. were pointed in the same direction. He definitly won't be doing that again.

Tamara
July 3, 2003, 11:19 AM
Which gun rag was he reading that made him do this???

Why would a gun rag encourage Mexican Carry? Which advertiser makes Mexican Carry holsters? ;)

willyjixx
July 3, 2003, 11:56 AM
there are ways to go off a tangent on that one tamara.........but ill bite my tongue for awhile.

Bottom Gun
July 3, 2003, 12:41 PM
I heard that the guy's attorney advised him not to try to sue the gun manufacturer because his evidence wouldn't stand up in court. ;)

Alan Smithiee
July 3, 2003, 12:41 PM
I think we should blame Hollywood for this one, how often have we seen some bad a** stick the tec9/baretta/DesertEagle .50 AE/M60/M2 BMG/GE Mini gun in the wasteband and "be cool"?

Thumper
July 3, 2003, 12:51 PM
Just as an aside, who here carries 24/7 and has never carried mex?

I spend a lot of time with a .38 snugged under my belt behind my hip.

Hell, I'll be honest...When I'm laying around and my pup has to go out, you just might find a condition 1 1911 tucked back there.

Byron Quick
July 3, 2003, 02:03 PM
Nope, it's in a holster. If it's about the house and I'm not wearing a holster...it's in my hand.

I've got an old Galco shoulder rig for 1911 that I usually throw on when messing about at home.

Thumper
July 3, 2003, 02:18 PM
I've got an old Jackass rig for a 1911 too, but it just doesn't work well with PJs. :D

Hey...are Barami Hip Grips considered mex?

OF
July 3, 2003, 02:20 PM
I've got no problem with a little Mexican carry.

But the big ones get heavy after a bit.

Ba dump bump.

And just when you thought the jokes in this thread couldn't get any worse...

:)

- Gabe

Byron Quick
July 3, 2003, 02:24 PM
I've got an old Jackass rig for a 1911 too, but it just doesn't work well with PJs.

Thumper, sure it does, throw it on over the PJs and go do what you want.

Here in Georgia, you can carry openly without a license or concealed without a license in your house or on your property.

If folks that come to my door want to get upset cause I'm wearing a shoulder holster over my PJs...they shouldn't come to my door.

But, in reality, I don't wear PJs so I'd throw on the shoulder rig and throw on a housecoat.

Thumper
July 3, 2003, 03:05 PM
When I lived in Athens, that might have been an option, but here in Tejas, we can't carry open.

I almost never carried openly in Ga. unless I forgot to untuck my shirt on the way home from the gunshop where I worked. Or if I happened to wear a BBQ rig that day... :evil:

Horseshoe Leather, Milt Sparks, Kramer, Bladetech, Galco... they've all benefited from my Visa card. Heck, I've got on a Versa Max right now.

I still bet, however, that I carry mex about 20% of the time. I don't admit that much, but we're all friends here, right? :D

jhisaac1
July 3, 2003, 04:25 PM
In vaguely remembered history, a rural cop wound up aiming a tad (or two) too low when he shot a guy with a bean bag round. The altercation ended pretty quick.

jhisaac1

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot to the privates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!