M14/M1A and stripper clips

PDA

General Geoff
August 9, 2007, 04:38 AM
So I just picked up about 50 .308 stripper clips for use with my M1A. After loading up a few of em with cartridges, I tested loading an empty mag in the rifle. All I can say is, this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Running low on mags? Just push a few clips' worth of rounds down into the mag, and you're good to go!

Yeah yeah, it's a novelty to me. Still really cool though. I need to get another hundred fifty or so of these clips. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "M14/M1A and stripper clips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wayne in boca
August 9, 2007, 07:09 AM
Pick up a couple charger guides ( magazine loaders) too,to load mags outside your rifle.With 200 stripper clips,you'll have 1,000 rounds ready to go.Makes zombie attacks seem minor.

brentn
August 9, 2007, 07:56 AM
nice, so the stripper clip holds in place ok? Do you have to hold it perfectly to get the rounds in?

MassMark
August 9, 2007, 10:48 AM
The stripper clip is an often overlooked feature of the M1A/M14. I have drilled much in using the guide to charge an empty magazine and it works like a charm. To brentn: no, no need to hold it perfectly, just line it up and you're GTG. To Geoff, absolutely pick up a charger - they can be had for $1.00 or so and make chargin empties a snap. I have lost the stripper clip guide feature on my M1A now that it's riding in a Troy MCS, however charging mags is still easy as pie with the charger....

10X
August 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
They are fun to play with. I found you have to keep your thumb near the clip to best push down the rounds. Once I scoped the M1A this fun went away though. So, I got more mags.

TIMC
August 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
My stripper clip guide is laying on my reloading bench since I put the scope on mine. Never used it, now I can't.

General Geoff
August 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
No worries guys - Already have three mag chargers. I'm ahead of the game! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "M14/M1A and stripper clips" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!