Opinion/Experience with CZ 452 American 16?

PDA

Legionnaire
August 9, 2007, 03:52 PM
Anybody have any experience with the 16" version of the CZ 452 American? I'm thinking about a new .22 and am intrigued by the 16" threaded barrel. It's just asking for a can. Would love to hear from anyone who has one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinion/Experience with CZ 452 American 16?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atomchaser
August 10, 2007, 11:08 PM
Just picked one up yesterday as a matter of fact. Typical CZ quality and really handy with the short barrel. Haven't shot mine yet. I'm planning on getting a can for it. My other CZ's are 453's, so the 452 out of the box trigger doesn't impress me -- I'll probably do a trigger upgrade on it. I mounted a Nikon 2x7x32 on medium Burris Signature rings. The bolt just clears it.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/atomchaser/IMG_0072.jpg

corncob
August 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
I didn't know they made one with a 16-in barrel, but shooting lefty I don't get a lot of choices anyway. I HAVE thought about cutting my 452 American LH down to 16, though. I saw an article in a magazine some years ago about starting with a long 22LR test barrel, shooting groups over a chrony, cutting an inch off, recrown, repeat. The author's data showed optimum length for velocity was about 16 or 17 inches. The velocity only dropped a little with increasing length, but the stiffness (and accuracy, in theory) is greatly reduced with a 20-incher of the same profile.

Legionnaire
August 14, 2007, 02:00 PM
Nice pic, atomchaser. Hope you'll follow up with a range report. My father-in-law has a 452 Lux that he really likes. I understand that the 452's trigger is adjustable, even though it doesn't have the set trigger. Correct?

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinion/Experience with CZ 452 American 16?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!