C&R wait time

PDA

jefnvk
August 9, 2007, 09:41 PM
Well, my C&R app goes out tomorrow morning. Has anyone got one recently? Any word on their current turn around time?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R wait time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Technosavant
August 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
There's really no guarantee that what one person experiences, somebody else will get. It seems like those who have CCW permits have faster processing, possibly because they have had fairly recent background checks. One guy (me) might get things done in two weeks or less, another fellow might have to wait a couple months.

orygunmike
August 9, 2007, 10:36 PM
It took 3-4 weeks to get it the first time (abou 10 months ago) and about two weeks to get an updated version after I submitted a change of address (one month ago).

ptmmatssc
August 9, 2007, 10:46 PM
Got mine 28 days from the day they charged my card . Was actually surprised one day opening my mailbox and seeing the envelopes from BATF sitting there . Thought it would take longer .

CDignition
August 9, 2007, 11:16 PM
14 days mailbox to mailbox

H23gsr
August 9, 2007, 11:42 PM
Form sent 8-1-07, card charged today (8-9-07), Still waiting.

jefnvk
August 10, 2007, 02:24 AM
Cool, just got my CCW less than a month ago, hopefully that helps things out.

Of course, the wallet is hoping it drags out for a few months...

Novus Collectus
August 10, 2007, 02:46 AM
jefnvk, I am glad you finally applied for your C&R. It seems like just yesterday we were debating the legality of putting a detachable mag on a C&R yugo SKS over at TFL back in 2004.

jefnvk
August 10, 2007, 04:03 AM
Hey, its about the first opportunity I've had. Didn't turn 21 till Jan, haven't been to my home address for more than a few days since then, finally moved into and got my address changed to my house at school.

Believe me, if I thought I could have gotten a license to my dorm address, I'd have had one months ago :)

jefnvk
August 10, 2007, 04:04 AM
And wow, that was a long time ago. Three years, where'd the time go?

Soybomb
August 10, 2007, 04:18 AM
It seems like those who have CCW permits have faster processing, possibly because they have had fairly recent background checks.
Don't most states have their own individual investigation services that likely the ATF wouldn't turn to? Is it even a background check or is it just nics?

Hopefully they're fast, mine went out monday! I've already got a dozen envelopes addressed and stamped ready to to go to some vendors :D

Skirmisher
August 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
Took 10 days in Oakland Co for renewal, but that was over a 4th of July holiday.:D

DrDavidM
August 10, 2007, 09:32 AM
I sent mine in the end of May (I think). It is dated July, 1. My first C&R purchase was a CZ-82. Very nice pistol for the price. I got it from AIM. I looks like a new handgun. This gun couldn't have ever been issued to anyone. The leather holster was pretty bad. I had to order a sewing awl and do some repairs. Now I am going to try to redye it.

flynlr
August 10, 2007, 04:02 PM
sent mine the first week of January. it came in the mail 3 months later.
so it varies.

jefnvk
August 14, 2007, 09:12 PM
OK, lets revise the question. Anyone care to tell me how long after being charged it took? Is this a pay now, and wait, or pay when it comes deal?

If you couldn't tell, the charge is on my account two business days after sending it in.

JamesM
August 14, 2007, 09:14 PM
Under two weeks, door to door.

I paid with a money order or check...

Richbaker
August 14, 2007, 10:03 PM
Got mine Saturday, sent the app in around 7/25....

eastwood44mag
August 14, 2007, 10:48 PM
Mine took 3 months or so. Certain states take forever.

Black Adder LXX
August 15, 2007, 06:42 AM
Mine took about 3-4 weeks.

HKUSP45C
August 15, 2007, 07:19 AM
Card charged May 30th ... still waiting. I'm in Texas.

jefnvk
August 27, 2007, 11:22 PM
Just an update, C&R came today. 2 weeks and a business day, for anyone that was wondering, or that may dig this up in the future.

Unfortunately, I went out and bought a motorcycle this weekend, thinking I would have a few weeks to recoup the money. SO, no victory purchase :(

Soybomb
August 27, 2007, 11:26 PM
I'm jealous, my cc was charged on the 9th, still nothing!

Fifth Column
August 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
I'm in Houston, TX. I sent my application on July 27th, my CC got billed August 3rd, and I got my license on August 23rd. I haven't gotten the "welcome packet" yet though.

jefnvk
August 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
Whats the welcome packet?

Novus Collectus
August 28, 2007, 05:52 PM
A book of state laws, a "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide", "Federal Firearms Licensee General Guidlines and Information", the C&R list booklet and someone said the new package contains a blank, little bound book, but that is not verified.

You get the same package all other FFLs get and you really only need to bother with the C&R list book and the state laws book the most. The C&R list booklet (which is also available online on the ATF website (http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm)) has a FAQ section and general laws dealing with C&R section in the introduction as well, so that is what should be focussed on first IMO.

Jorg Nysgerrig
October 5, 2007, 01:10 AM
Just bumping this up for those still waiting.

Mailed 8/20, card charged 8/24, received in mail 10/4.

Mojo-jo-jo
October 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
My original (first time application) took about 3 months. Man, that sucked because Century ran out of those Portuguese H&K CETME clones I wanted while I was waiting for the license to come in--Yes, a C&R CETME-for about $250. :(

My first renewal took about a month.

My second is processing now, it's already been about a month and it's not here yet. Of course, they charged my card 4 days after I mailed the app.

Danus ex
October 5, 2007, 01:41 AM
Sent in my address change paperwork on 7/26. I'm still waiting.

Mojo-jo-jo
October 5, 2007, 04:03 AM
Sent in my address change paperwork on 7/26. I'm still waiting.
Yikes! I would give them a call on that one... I did an address change a few years ago and it only took about 3 weeks.

statelineblues
October 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
Danus X Sent in my address change paperwork on 7/26. I'm still waiting.

Mojo-jo-joYikes! I would give them a call on that one... I did an address change a few years ago and it only took about 3 weeks.

It's going on 4 weeks for me for an address change (moved to a different state)...:scrutiny:

jefnvk
October 5, 2007, 02:57 PM
Portuguese H&K CETME clones I wanted while I was waiting for the license to come in--Yes, a C&R CETME-for about $250.

What??? :what:

Dirtypacman
October 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
about 20 days from mail to doorstep

adkpete
October 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
For me it was 10 months and 2 weeks.

spin180
October 5, 2007, 07:40 PM
I've got the renewal blues.

My C&R expired yesterday and I haven't received my renewed license yet. Partly my fault, I guess; sat on it for nearly a month before sending it in. Mailed the renewal app. & a check on Aug. 13th, check was processed on Aug. 20th, and here I sit with nothing to show for it.

:(

Mojo-jo-jo
October 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
Portuguese H&K CETME clones I wanted while I was waiting for the license to come in--Yes, a C&R CETME-for about $250.
What???

Century had imported a small number of Portuguese CETMEs that were C&R eligible and was selling them for next to nothing back in 2000. Sorry, I don't remember the specific model designation. They sold out in just a few weeks. They have not been seen anywhere since. I missed out on one because I was waiting on my C&R to arrive. I was rather disappointed--to put it mildly.

FIRE COP
October 5, 2007, 10:57 PM
I feel bad..but mine came in two and a half weeks...plus there was a federal holiday during the time ....last month...i feel such guilt..........just luck.

CDignition
October 6, 2007, 12:03 AM
Seems the folks in NE USA have to wait longer.. folks in Free America get them quickly..;)

zoom6zoom
October 6, 2007, 04:56 AM
someone said the new package contains a blank, little bound book, but that is not verified.
Looks like it is still the "Personal Firearms Record" they have always sent out, not a bound book.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R wait time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!