Glenfield Model 75 .22LR feeding issues

PDA

50caliber123
August 10, 2007, 05:26 AM
I have this old .22 carbine and it jams if I try to load the first round by manually pulling back on the bolt. The only way I have found to make it shoot is to use the bolt-hold open and manually drop the first round into the chamber with my fingers. Is there a way to fix the follower so the rifle can feed properly?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glenfield Model 75 .22LR feeding issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
50caliber123
August 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
bump. I looked on numerich, and it lists parts for the "new model" and mentions "old model" parts are no longer available. How do I fix this feeding issue so I can get the most out of this rifle?

jlday70
August 10, 2007, 10:42 AM
If i'm not mistaken the Glenfield is the same gun as the Marlin model 75 try looking for parts for the Marlin they should match up.

rangerruck
August 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
they are all marlin mod 60's. try a old style feed throat assy. , or I think it may be possible to get the necessary new parts, and put in there. But check with numrich or Marlin , first.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glenfield Model 75 .22LR feeding issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!