Marlin 7000

PDA

Newt
August 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
I've been eyeing these for several months now, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Anyone know anything about these? Looks like Model 60 action, but not sure on that. How about aftermarket stocks... any of those for this gun?

I already have a Rem. 597 that I hunt squirrel, small game, etc. with, so this will be mostly a plinker, and I would love to be able to put some other furniture on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 7000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
heavyrecoil
August 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
If you want one, you should grab it soon-- Marlin has discontinued this particular model.

captainamerica
August 10, 2007, 03:01 PM
I have the Marlin 70 and the 7000 is supposed to be so much more accurate (at least as the barrel heats up) even though my 70 is very accurate.

rchernandez
August 10, 2007, 05:33 PM
Marlin discontinued an even "better" version a few years back, the 7000T. It had red-white-and-blue laminated stock with rail for a handstop underneath. Bull barrel & nice trigger. Consider it as Marlin's version of a 10/22 on steriods. They show up occasionally on gunbroker and on sale forums (THR's and RFC's). Great rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 7000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!