Any AR Manufacturers

PDA

kingpin008
August 10, 2007, 08:59 PM
in Maryland?

I'm gathering the info I need to decide on what platform I want to go with for my eventual OMGEVILBBQ rifle purchase, and I was wondering if there were any AR Manufacturers based in Maryland. I searched, but wasn't able to find much.

Anybody know? Big name or little, who calls Maryland home?

If you enjoyed reading about "Any AR Manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glockman17366
August 11, 2007, 09:02 AM
The only gun manufacturer in MD is Beretta in Accokeek (southern MD) to the best of my knowledge. They do not build an AR style rifle. If I recall correctly, they only manufacture handguns (specifically the military sidearm)
There might be a custom outfit, but I've never heard of one.

Why do you ask?

kingpin008
August 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the comment. I know about Beretta, I was just asking about AR manufacturers because it'd be cool to have one made in my home state, ya know? Like, if there was a little outfit somewhere around here that made uppers or lowers in small batches, sort of a mom & pop operation, I'd want to try to give them my business first.

nico
August 11, 2007, 03:34 PM
Fulton Armory (http://www.fulton-armory.com/) is based in Savage.

The folks at www.mdshooters.com (which is a good board worth checking out on its own) speak very highly of their quality, but their customer service seems hit or miss and they aren't the cheapest around.

Geno
August 11, 2007, 03:47 PM
I read an article about a year ago, in an AR-dedicated magazine, that 90% of AR receivers are made by 2 or 3 American foundries, and that these foundries assign the serial numbers and apply the name of the "AR" company that is buying it. The author asserted that only the very biggest manufacturers of ARs, actually manufacture their own receivers in-house. Most purchase them from foundries.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any AR Manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!