HEADS UP! .380 Ammo cheap!

PDA

asknight
August 11, 2007, 02:59 AM
My local Wal-Mart had a sizeable quantity (now it's mine) of Winchester WinClean 95gr FMJ for $5.00/50 on closeout. It might be worth your time to check your local stores if you have a .380 also.

UPDATE 8-12-2007:
They have now marked various Winchester and Remington Core-Lokt .270 ammunition down to $7.00-9.00 per 20 round box. I will be checking other stores and reporting back if it's happening at more than one store. Too bad I don't have a .270!

Now when they start marking down the .308, .30-06, and .30 Carbine... you guys won't be hearing me report it as I will be too busy driving from store to store. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "HEADS UP! .380 Ammo cheap!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RH45
August 11, 2007, 08:04 AM
I'll check out my local Walmart this morning.

Thanks for the heads up!!

M2 Carbine
August 11, 2007, 12:23 PM
Excellent catch.:)

I can't reload it for much cheaper than that.

Fisherman_48768
August 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
I hit three different Wal Marts today, nobody knew anything about a sale on the Win Clean 380, the only Winchester they had was 25 bucks a box

Kindrox
August 11, 2007, 11:31 PM
Almost all the Walmarts in DFW seem to have a standard set of ammo, or even less then that, and it almost all revolves around Winchester/Remington ammo in the most standard weights.

Only one store I am aware off breaks the mold, and that is by carrying Blazer Brass.

lee n. field
August 12, 2007, 12:08 AM
I hit three different Wal Marts today, nobody knew anything about a sale on the Win Clean 380, the only Winchester they had was 25 bucks a box

Because Walmart doesn't do clearances that way. Ammo on clearance in one store likely won't be at the next. I've seen this bunches of times. If you see a deal somewhere, grab it, but don't expect another Wally World to have the same deal.

Besides, Winclean is the only commercially loaded .380 ammo that my .380 Makarov ever had problems with. That should tell you something.:scrutiny:

GlenJ
August 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
None on sale here.

dstorm1911
August 12, 2007, 12:27 AM
yea its strictly a store by store deal, last year got 12 boxes of the Winchester .32 acp at $6 per box at one store but none of the other 5 in town were closing out any ammo..

asknight
August 12, 2007, 01:20 AM
It is the Winchester Part# WC3801 (http://winchester.com/products/catalog/handgundetail.aspx?symbol=WC3801&cart=MzgwIEF1dG9tYXRpYw==) that is on clearance. I found it at two stores in my area, Springhill, LA and Magnolia, AR.

If I understand Wal-Mart tagging information correctly, an item that has been priced in a $x.00 fashion is a chainwide closeout. I know there are a couple of Wal-Mart Corp warehouse hands that frequent the board. Maybe they could chime in here if they know anything about this.

Both of the stores that were blowing out the WinClean @ $5.00/50 had the 100rd WWB value packs in the $25.97 range.

Besides, Winclean is the only commercially loaded .380 ammo that my .380 Makarov ever had problems with. That should tell you something.

Should tell me what? That only your Makarov had problems with it? It's well known that most all handguns out there have a favorite and least favorite type/brand of ammunition. My various FEG PMK and Kel-Tec models digest it just fine.

Halo is for Kids
August 12, 2007, 02:10 AM
I picked up 9 boxes at $5.00 a piece on the day of the markdown. :neener::evil::neener:

Before they went to $5.00 they were red tagged at $9.00 so I was watching and waiting for the next drop in price.

Right now they have .25 auto red tagged at $9.00 so anyone with a .25 should watch for that markdown.

Funny old guy at walmart counter: I told him I had just moved here to Iowa from AZ and the ammo deals didn't last out there because of the machinegun owners bulk buying. He stated that I must have meant the semi-auto users because no one can own machine guns. He refused to beleive me until I explained the process for class 3 in AZ and that IA had no class 3. He told me that those machine guns were only used for killin' people and they had no other purpose. I told him they were fun to shoot and he replied that he has 2 mini 14s and a mini 30 and they were plenty fun to shoot. He finished the conversation by stating that machine guns should be illeagal for everyone himself included because no one needs 'em except criminals.:banghead::banghead:

W.E.G.
August 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
Fudd-Mart

I decided quite a while back to never buy another firearm-related thing from that place. Typically idiots working the gun counter. Prices generally nothing special. The only gun-related thing I have ever reliably gotten at Wal-Mart is annoyed.

RH45
August 12, 2007, 08:32 AM
I went to my local Walmart yesterday morning and they don't stock any .380 ammo.
They told me that Walmarts are independantly owned and operated and some run specials that other stores don't.

asknight
August 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
Independently owned and operated? Yep, they're all owned and operated by Wal-Mart Stores, Incorporated, which is independent of all other chainstores. :D

brett30030
August 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
They told me that Walmarts are independantly owned and operated and some run specials that other stores don't.

That's RICH. Someone would probably lose their job, if the person who said that was ever identified to the folks in corporate.

AndyC
August 12, 2007, 06:00 PM
I read the title too quick - I thought it said .308 :D

fbodyninja
August 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
i missed out because the walmart here in abilene texas only had it for 11.97 for a 50rd box or 100rd box for 25.67

panther22
August 12, 2007, 10:39 PM
One store in this area had it on sale about a month ago. It sold out quickly. I never saw it in any other store though.

Fumbler
August 12, 2007, 11:18 PM
My local Walmart has the ammo, but it is regular priced.
Maybe it'll be on sale soon. That would be great to pick up a few boxes for cheap.
Is this FMJ or BEB (brass enclosed base)?
I don't think Winclean comes in an actual FMJ.

Fudd-Mart

I decided quite a while back to never buy another firearm-related thing from that place. Typically idiots working the gun counter. Prices generally nothing special. The only gun-related thing I have ever reliably gotten at Wal-Mart is annoyed.
That's great, everyone has their own opinions.
If you don't like Walmart then just keep shopping somewhere else.
However, this thread was started by someone who decided to let others know about a good deal.
He didn't ask us what we thought of their service.
:rolleyes:

Roccobro
August 13, 2007, 01:33 AM
None of the ones in my area had it on sale either. Sales lady that is always knowledgeable on ammo said each chain store is operated differently when it comes to clearance items.

I'm calling one stores SG mgr in the morning to ask if I just have to wait longer or what. :D

Justin

asknight
August 13, 2007, 01:41 AM
Fumbler, it is the BEB WinClean.

I don't know if this will work for you, but it did for me one time. I had read of Wal-Mart blowing out 9mm last year, Blazer Brass I think it was. I went and checked my local store and they had plenty of it, but it was marked regular price. I had them pull one box and scan it to verify the cost on the computer. The computer showed the clearance price! I bought all they had on hand, even the last few boxes they had in the back.

The counter-guy told me that the next shift coming in after him was scheduled to do price updates in the department.

Good luck!

lakerfan5858
August 13, 2007, 05:40 AM
Yea no ammo on sale at the walmart i work at either.

camsdaddy
August 13, 2007, 09:55 AM
Our walmart recently had all of their handgun ammo on sale. Unfortunately it was because they are no longer going to carry it. I find it funny they still have 45 just nothing smaller. They just did a remodel and no longer have a long gun display and the ammo is out in the open I guess the handgun ammo was just too much of a temptation for the locals and it was prob walking away what a shame.

Schwebel
August 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
Our Wal-mart had a sale on 100 round WWB 9mm, $7.98 for a box. I think someone actually put the wrong sticker on it (maybe the one for 50 round boxes or something). But needless to say I bought as much as I could, in fact all they had left, almost a full case.

Fumbler
August 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
Our Wal-mart had a sale on 100 round WWB 9mm, $7.98 for a box. I think someone actually put the wrong sticker on it (maybe the one for 50 round boxes or something). But needless to say I bought as much as I could, in fact all they had left, almost a full case.
When was that?

knockonit
August 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
Most of the wallys here in north phoenix, quit selling guns and ammo, the ones on the outskirts of civilazation still sell it but the what I guess they consider inner city they don't
ric j.

camper
August 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
No sale at my local Walmart, but did pick up a case of Remington UMC 9mm at Dick's today for $7.00 a box.

asknight
August 18, 2007, 03:02 PM
UPDATE: One of the same stores mentioned in the original post here had another 10 boxes of the WinClean BEB 95gr .380 marked down to $3.00/50 and Remington UMC 180gr FMJ 40S&W for $2.50/50!

Keep your eyes and ears open!

If you enjoyed reading about "HEADS UP! .380 Ammo cheap!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!