ACE FAL receiver block

PDA

rbernie
August 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Anyone running an Ace stock on a FAL? What does it take to bolt on an Ace receiver block-n-stock?

I have a CAI Clinton-FAL with the nasty thumbhole stock, and rather than just putting on a metric stock I thought that I might go for something a little different....

If you enjoyed reading about "ACE FAL receiver block" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MErl
August 11, 2007, 08:34 PM
expect to add $200+ for the "para" parts to be able to use it. I would rate the difficulty of installing it to be on par with changing old rusted in place spark plugs.

Father Knows Best
August 11, 2007, 10:11 PM
Don't try it. You need a lot of para-specific parts and it's a lot of work. You're much better off buying a complete para assembly from DSA: http://dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=P120USSET

I have a DSA SA58 Para and I love it. The stock is rock solid when locked open. I'm not a fan of folding stocks, and have fixed stocks on my G3 and AK for that reason, but the SA58 Para is exceptional.

If you enjoyed reading about "ACE FAL receiver block" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!