Have an urgent question re: EBAY

PDA

Jim March
July 3, 2003, 12:36 AM
Moderators: I know this is off-topic, but...I need a fast answer and this is the most sane place to ask it. So let a couple of good answers come in prior to the lock, OK?

I need to know if EBay charges if you cancel an ordinary auction BEFORE any bids come in?

If anybody knows, post here. Once it's pinned down, we can lock.

OK? I'm working something out and this IS sorta off-topic because I need to score a backup hard disk for my huge pile of UNbacked-up RKBA documents!

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Have an urgent question re: EBAY" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rick_reno
July 3, 2003, 01:13 AM
Jim,

If Ebay could hook your butt up to one of their sensors, they'd charge you every time you fart. I'm sure they're working on it.
Yes - you pay fees for listing. If it sells, their are additional fees on top of the listing fee.
I won't use them - I list my stuff on Gunbroker (no listing fees) and none of Ebay's politically correct crap.

Jim March
July 3, 2003, 01:31 AM
Do you know what the fee is for yanking the auction, if the starting price is $5?

No bids yet, remember...

TarpleyG
July 3, 2003, 07:22 AM
Negligible IIRC. Maybe under $1. I had to do it recently.

GT

Mal H
July 3, 2003, 07:30 AM
I don't think it matters if you have bids or not when cancelling a listing. The listing fee will still be assessed, but, like TarpleyG said, it should be small. Why not ask eBay the question?

Tamara
July 3, 2003, 07:36 AM
Yes, you will be charged.

Unless there was a reserve, or you went crazy with multiple pictures, bold print and cheesy backgrounds, it will be some minimal figure under a buck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Have an urgent question re: EBAY" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!