700 ADL vs 110FXP3

PDA

Kansas Bound
August 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
I was wanting some input from some more seasoned veterans on this issue. I am looking to get a rifle for deer and elk hunting and I came accross a couple of deals on rifles. I was wondering which one you would prefer. The first is a remington 700 adl in a 30-06 synthetic for $320 after rebate. The other is a Savage 110FXP3 in a 7mm mag synthetic for $330 with a cheapy simmons scope I plan on replacing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you enjoyed reading about "700 ADL vs 110FXP3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ash
August 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
I am a Savage kind of guy, but you will get good results out of either rifle. Get the one you like holding the most. The Savage is generally easy to change barrels out, but the 7mm Mag will mean you have to get a 30-06 bolt to change to smaller calibers as well.

Personally, I would get the Savage, but you won't go wrong either way. The one that speaks most to you when you hold it and work the action is the one you should get.

Ash

pk@wellst.fsnet.co.uk
August 13, 2007, 05:54 PM
go for the remington!!!!!

LToled
August 13, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'd go for the Remington ADL personally.

I've got a Savage 10FP and a Remington 700 5R. The bolt action is smoother on the Remington than the Savage. The Savage seems rougher to me. Both rifles are 20" and sub-MOA so that is a tie for accuracy.

The ADL has almost the same stock as the Savage but just a tad better IMO. I changed out the stock on the Savage as soon as I could with a Bell & Carlson. The B&C is a much better stock than the factory one. I would have done the same if I got an ADL. The factory stocks just didn't do it for me.

Hold them both. See how they heft for you. Buy the one you like. Both can be changed and tweak to however you eventually want them to be. Take into consideration ammo costs too.

glockman19
August 13, 2007, 07:32 PM
I have a Remington 700 CDL in .30-06, and it is more accurate than I am. I got is specifically for Game hunting in N America. I have shot both and I decided in the Remington.

dscottw88
August 14, 2007, 01:48 AM
Remington 700 in .30-06 is a GREAT buy. specially for $320? Yeah i would drop the money right now if there was one down at my Bass Pro Shops. But then again i might get it in .308... Either way, remington would be my preferance. Hope i could help.

If you enjoyed reading about "700 ADL vs 110FXP3" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!