question ppls

PDA

lehmanM7
August 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
anybody klnw how far a ruger 10/22 can shoot and tsill be powerful and accurat?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "question ppls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GigaBuist
August 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
"Powerful" is subjective -- a .22LR isn't very powerful coming out of the muzzle, let alone at any distance.

You'll probably get responses between 50 and 100 yards on this one.

thegriz
August 13, 2007, 09:54 PM
My opinion is the 10/22 is not powerful at any range. However, I don't think it's power diminishes much out to 150 yards. Then it seems to drop off pretty fast. It's accurate out to several hundred hards. I went prairie dog hunting this summer and was making some shots at 300 and 400 yards and more. The stopping power really diminished at these ranges. The amount of adjustment for bullet drop was pretty dramatic. Some shots we made were at the very bottom of the site picture on the scopes ( some were even off the site picture) if the dogs would sit still it wasn't too hard to adjust and dial them in them to the target. The accuracy was pretty impressive for a 22. At 100 yards the accuracy was pretty tight. But from a practical standpoint, long range shots with the 10/22 are pretty crazy. You should move up to a bigger rifle if that's what you want.

For the record, the 22 usually doesn't stop a prairie dog from making back in his hole unless you get a head shot. The 308 does a much more impressive job:evil:.

If you're looking for a plinking rifle the 10/22 is a very nice rifle and accurate enough for most uses.

I hope that helps. I'm no expert:).

lehmanM7
August 13, 2007, 09:59 PM
haha nice...yeah i have been looking at 30-30's and 17 hmrs....and then also i have another 22 its a marlin which is a pretty nice gun....and then i also have a cz..its the one with the longest barrel for more power and accuaracy...what do you think of a 17 hmr or 30-30?my bro has a 30-06:neener::evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "question ppls" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!