Savage 10FP MOA

PDA

deolexrex
August 14, 2007, 10:16 AM
I should be bringing home a Savage 10FP (308) tomorrow. What kinda MOA should I expect from this rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 10FP MOA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikeH
August 14, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'd say 1 MOA or better out of the box with match ammo.

rangerruck
August 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
break it in for 25 rounds. then clean and lube the heck out of it, then find the round it likes. make sure to try as much diff milsurp you can get your hands on, especially any former British Empire countries, to include us, but not India, also try Many Nazi South american countries, and S. african. you should find several will get you under the magic moa!!!!

alucard0822
August 14, 2007, 08:13 PM
fine choice in rifle, 168gr Federal gold medal match will get you under 1MOA on a windy day from a bench. A good bipod, scope mount (the farell one peice savage sell is my reccomendation) and good glass and you will be surprised at how well it shoots. I broke mine in with 25 rounds, cleaned and lubed the crap out of it, and then put about 100 moly coats through it, I have been able to get 10 shot groups at 200yds with a warm barrel of just over 1" with handloads and GMM without much effort.

What stock did you go with? I have the choate and love it, there is a rear screw that raises and lowers for precise shots, and the stock comes with plenty of LOP and comb height spacers

CajunTim
August 14, 2007, 08:20 PM
I 2nd the Farrell base and I use their rings also on my Savage

Will Learn
August 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
"I have the choate and love it, there is a rear screw that raises and lowers for precise shots"
+1

It sounds like a lot of people enjoy the same setup as me- Savage 10 +Choate stock+ Farrell rings/base+SWFA SS 10x42+Rock solid bi-pod= Affordable road to sub MOA accuracy. Now to take all the money you saved and blow it on expensive match quality ammo. :banghead: Or take the time and invest in reloading your own. :D

Good luck, be patient.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 10FP MOA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!