Question

PDA

ek44
August 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hello All,
I want to scope my M1A1 Springer .308 ,but I aint interested in 50xinfinity type shizzie.So what i was thinking was a .308 ACOG w/doctor optic or a Aimpoint,....possiably a EOTech.
Uses will be :Pig,Deer,"Zombie" ..etc.,etc.,
Any help pro's con's?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Deer Hunter
August 14, 2007, 08:27 PM
You can get a 32mm 1.5-5x for about $120

ek44
August 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
Deer Hunter that what I had in mind but thank you.
I was thinking something HSLG that was compact and .308 recoil proff out to say 300 yards max. w/1x mag.or 2x @ most. Ya'Heard?:fire::evil:

Something like those.

The Deer Hunter
August 14, 2007, 08:39 PM
Well I thought you meant you couldn't find a low magnification scope.

rino451
August 14, 2007, 11:57 PM
ek44, what rail is that in the first pic, the black m1a? That's a must have fer sure!

trbon8r
August 15, 2007, 12:35 AM
rino,

The rail is a Knight's Armament RAS rail system. I used to have one. They are ok, but have a few drawbacks as well. The biggest drawback is price. They go for 400 bucks not including the $100 optional clip guide mount that replaces the rear stripper clip guide for mounting of a traditional type scope.

HorseSoldier
August 15, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hard to go wrong with an EOTech, and you can mount it further forward without worrying about mounting the optic directly above the receiver. I personally like them more than AimPoints, though those work quite well too. Either one should be fine for shooting out to 300 unless you really need a magnified optic.

rino451
August 15, 2007, 11:07 AM
Small thread hijack...

With regard to the Knight's Armament RAS rail system as seen in the first pic...

1. Does the aimpoint cowitness with the irons?
2. If one does not want to add a traditional scope, can I assume that srtippers work as normal?
3. What were the other downsides? Looks like additional weights could be one...

PS MSRP looks to be 600 smackers nowadays.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!