Ohio Rapid Fire???

PDA

dfariswheel
August 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
I've decided to buy one of Ohio Rapid Fires AK-74 rifles in 5.45x39 with wood stock and Ohio Ordnance Factory receiver.

It sounds like exactly what I want, chrome bore, threaded muzzle, and Bulgarian parts.

Anyone have an opinion on Ohio Rapid Fire, OOF, or the Bulgarian kits?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio Rapid Fire???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
petej
August 15, 2007, 07:51 PM
if you check out AR-15 forum you will see many unhappy people that will never deal with todd at ORF again.

I have not heard any bad things lately, I know he opened up a new storefront, perhaps things have gotten better.

I personally would buy ak AK from Atlantic firearms or AIM surplus online before ORF.

dstorm1911
August 15, 2007, 07:56 PM
there are MANY others useing bulgarian parts etc...

ssr
August 15, 2007, 08:14 PM
I walked into the ORF store and bought one of their fixed stock 5.45 AKs. It has been very good and am very happy with it. While I was there the guy helping me was very helpful and friendly, showed me lots of their other stuff (they have alot more in the store than what is listed online).

My limited experience. Was good. I'm not going to speculate on what has transpired in the past or things that I have no personal involvement in. My personal experience has been good. I have stopped in a couple more times to buy ammo and when funds allow, would stop in and get another gun.

nalioth
August 15, 2007, 09:39 PM
I have bought some kits from them and other items, and the service has been excellent. No complaints here.

dfariswheel
August 15, 2007, 09:42 PM
There seems to be a wide disparity of opinion on ORF.

Not sure what to do now.

Florida Gun Works sells the same general rifle, how about them?

nalioth
August 15, 2007, 10:28 PM
Florida Gun Works sells the same general rifle, how about them?

Google them. Check with the Florida BBB.

If you still want to deal with them after that, have fun :)

MudPuppy
August 15, 2007, 10:35 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE do your homework before dealing with Florida Gun Works.

petej
August 15, 2007, 10:36 PM
you would be hard pressed to find anyone say anythign bad about Atlantic firearms on line, I bought an $800+ AK there was was happy and have zero problems. Also, have heard mostly good things about AIM Surplus.

MechAg94
August 15, 2007, 11:00 PM
I have bought magazines from Ohio Rapid Fire. No complaints.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio Rapid Fire???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!