Remmington 700 SPS

PDA

doc2rn
August 16, 2007, 03:16 PM
I went to find some ranger ammo today for my G32, when low and behold I found a bargain I just had to have. A Remington 700 SPS Varmint, was on clearence at the local Big D's. $499+ Tax, did I get taken or was this a pretty good deal for my first long gun? Also bought a stack-on gun locker and bolted it to the floor, as I am a responsible single parent.

The clerk said this was the better of the 2 he had; the other was a 22-250, oh yeah mine is in .223.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remmington 700 SPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Strongbad
August 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't call that a steal, but it's pretty good.

ZeroCool
August 16, 2007, 10:11 PM
If it was the scoped package, you did pretty good. I think those things usually go for around $550 at the Dicks here. 50 bucks off a $550 rifle (which is already a good deal), isnt too bad.

If it wasnt the scoped package, than you could have done better. At my local Dicks, I was quoted in the mid $400's for all of the non-scoped rifles. Was tempted to put one down on a .308, but dont really have the cash as I just bought a .223 sps tactical (which is a great gun, btw).

ETA: The .223 bolt guns are REALLY fun. Very accurate (get you some black hills match), and seriously little recoil. I could literally shoot mine all day (but that .223 is $$$).

electrode1998
August 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
Not a bad price.
Here locally that rifle is selling for mid 500's to upper 500's. Mainly due to the price of steel is the reason that is given around here.
I bought one in .270 last January for $470 even though the price increase had gone in effect and it was now $530.
The store changed the computer price but not the price tag on the rifle.
Have fun,
e'trode

erict
August 16, 2007, 10:42 PM
They're in the fall sale at Basspro here in Nashville.

$399 for .270

$419 for most standard & magnum cals

$519 for stainless.

Plus a free hard double rifle case (today only). I'm so sick over it, I really need to pick a hunting rifle up and wanted one pretty bad. I'm waiting on a $990 check for a job I did 2 weeks ago and all of these deals will be gone by the time it's here.... oh well. :(

Maybe it's about time for me to start believing in credit cards. :evil:

erict
August 16, 2007, 10:54 PM
Just looked, the varmint is $469 so you did pretty good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remmington 700 SPS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!