What surplus guns will dry up soon?

PDA

gbelleh
August 17, 2007, 02:11 PM
The thread on surplus gun value got me wondering...

What surplus guns would it be a good idea to buy right now. Which ones are still available and inexpensive, but are likely to dwindle fast in the next year or so driving prices skyward?

If you enjoyed reading about "What surplus guns will dry up soon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
40SW
August 17, 2007, 02:22 PM
Hands down, target the CZ52, also the Russian Tokarevs, limited numbers made, quality is going down. Great all the way around. I would also look at quality Swedish Mousers.

MisterPX
August 17, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'd say teh K31's will be the first to disappear. I've seen a heck of a lot more CZ52's than K31's. However, since surplus ammo dried up for the 31's, sales have slowed, and the CZ is cheap right now, and has cheap ammo to boot at this time.

Dr. Peter Venkman
August 17, 2007, 02:48 PM
For rifles, K31s and Swedish Mausers off of the top of my head.

You might as well pick up a CZ-52 while you're at it. They are cheap and really fun guns.

$80 for 1,000 rounds of 7.62x25? You know you want to. :D

6_gunner
August 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
The prices of Makarovs and Star BM pistols has definitely gone up the last few years. I don't know if that means the supply is running out, but the demand definitely seems to have exceeded the supply. I like the Star, so that's something I would like to pick up before the prices go any higher. Of course, I'd need money to do that...

If you enjoyed reading about "What surplus guns will dry up soon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!