Finally broke down and bought one, Pics of me and my new AK

PDA

GhostlyKarliion
August 18, 2007, 08:12 PM
well, I finally did it, I went and bought an AK-47, being the most popular gun in the world I figured I should own one. got the fiberforce stock to go with it and spent thursday installing that and de-cosmolining it. here are some pics.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/RevelatorHarmon//AK-n-me-6.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/RevelatorHarmon//AK-n-me-5.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/RevelatorHarmon//AK-n-me-4.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/RevelatorHarmon//AK-n-me-3.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally broke down and bought one, Pics of me and my new AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Doggy Daddy
August 18, 2007, 08:26 PM
You look like a proud, happy papa. Congrats and enjoy.

Harry Paget Flashman
August 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
Next buy ought to be a couple thousand rounds of ammo and a dozen or so magazines. It's called "accessorizing".

M1 Shooter
August 18, 2007, 08:31 PM
Since when do Amish dudes pack AK's? :D

I'm sorry I couldn't resist!

Nice rifle, enjoy! :evil:

fletcher
August 18, 2007, 08:36 PM
Looking good - what kind is it?

Brother in Arms
August 18, 2007, 08:41 PM
I noticed something, though it may seem unimportant
did you remove the cleaning rod or did it not come with one?

Brother in Arms

Houston Tom
August 18, 2007, 08:44 PM
congrats

GhostlyKarliion
August 18, 2007, 08:57 PM
Since when do Amish dudes pack AK's?

rofl, ever heard the old joke about the man who broke into the Amish family's house? hehe

you wouldn't believe how many people said the same thing :D

Looking good - what kind is it?

Yugo, CAI imported.

I noticed something, though it may seem unimportant
did you remove the cleaning rod or did it not come with one?

it did come with one, however the fiberforce stock has reinforcement ribs on the inside, which block it from being inserted, next time I take it down to clean it I'll probably take a long drill bit or dremel tool and fit the cleaning rod hole through the rib in the fore grip so that it will fit in there again.

Blackbeard
August 18, 2007, 08:59 PM
I bought myself 6 AK mags already, even though I have no AK yet. Just in case.

The Deer Hunter
August 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
it did come with one, however the fiberforce stock has reinforcement ribs on the inside, which block it from being inserted, next time I take it down to clean it I'll probably take a long drill bit or dremel tool and fit the cleaning rod hole through the rib in the fore grip so that it will fit in there again.

Not that it matters. Apparently insurgents just knot their boot laces several times, dip it in motor oil, pull it through the barrel and they are good.

Nice rifle though.

2TransAms
August 18, 2007, 09:20 PM
Just buy a Boresnake and fuhgedaboudit. Nice AK though,I heard the Yugos are quite a bit better than the WASR's that Century was bringing in.

Glad to see your finger's off the trigger in the pics too.:)

Wait a minute...is that a picture of Tesla in the background?

gbran
August 18, 2007, 09:22 PM
Don't let the action catch yer beard.....

W.E.G.
August 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
The presence of the cleaning rod will make the handguard feel more secure too.
My AK handguard feels real wobbly without the rod in place.

But, if you do this http://youtube.com/watch?v=eNAohtjG14c with your AK, you might want to omit the cleaning rod.

dstorm1911
August 18, 2007, 09:27 PM
not a yugo its a WASR, no Magwell dimples and the Yugo is built on a nodakspuds reciever also ya can't put a dragonov stock on a Yugo totally different critters the Yugo fixed stock uses a completally proprietary stock socket and has a grenade sight sitting ontop of the hg plus the handgaurds themselves are longer........... thats also a Romanian front sight,

The WASR SA/Cugir electro penciled in the reciever or left side of rear sight block would be a first line indicator as well

if someone sold it to ya as a Yugo go back for a refund ya got ripped off badly

GhostlyKarliion
August 18, 2007, 09:57 PM
not a yugo its a WASR, no Magwell dimples and the Yugo is built on a nodakspuds reciever also ya can't put a dragonov stock on a Yugo totally different critters the Yugo fixed stock uses a completally proprietary stock socket and has a grenade sight sitting ontop of the hg plus the handgaurds themselves are longer........... thats also a Romanian front sight,

The WASR SA/Cugir electro penciled in the reciever or left side of rear sight block would be a first line indicator as well

well, i'll be, you are right it is marked WASR, fairly faint but it's there. I saw a sign that dais YUGO right next to these and the price was the same, guess I assumed they were the same, never did ask.

full marking is GP WASR 10/63

it set me back $330, did a search for that marking and turned up that I apparently got a better version:

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-217748.html

it accepts full mags (came with 2 30 rounders), and has a bayonet lug on the end. the complete info markings on the opposite side of the receiver:

MADE BY CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR
IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED CAI GEORGIA VT.

(i think that is correct, it is difficult to read)

so I take back saying it's a YUGO, apparently it's a Romania WASR, but the higher end model, looks like I still got it at a good price :)

lee n. field
August 18, 2007, 10:06 PM
MADE BY CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR
IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED CAI GEORGIA VT.

Yup. WASR-10. Just like the one I got a few months ago, but slightly different furniture. What's the length of pull on that stock?

Mine's been no problem, except for needing to smooth off the magazine catch.

Enjoy.

brentn
August 18, 2007, 10:13 PM
Damn, nice rifle. I would love to own one if they were legal where I live. However I'm at the moment a huge fan of the M15 series so I'm not completley tortured by those pics of that rifle in your hand ;)

SoCalShooter
August 18, 2007, 10:22 PM
Congratulations you have a bouncing baby AK!! :)

Bones11b
August 18, 2007, 10:32 PM
And a happy AK day to you good sir. Just seeing your pics makes me want to go out tomorrow and shoot my own, enjoy.

GhostlyKarliion
August 18, 2007, 11:29 PM

why yes, yes it is! good eye, he is one of my heroes.

What's the length of pull on that stock?

14 3/8", I will be adding a 1" butt pad to the end (I'm a big guy, the extra length helps me shoulder it more naturally)

Ford
August 19, 2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by 2TransAms

why yes, yes it is! good eye, he is one of my heroes

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/tesla/tesla1.jpg

:what::what::what::what::what::neener::neener:

SJDigriz
August 19, 2007, 01:12 AM
Nice AK.

$330 is a good deal for the 10/63. If the front post and gas block are straight and no problems with the magwell it will hang with anything out there, anyone says different they probably haven't tried one!

If you do have a couple of the "Usual WASR problems", fixes are quick, easy, and cheap.

Fiberforce stock is nice, but the upper handguard always interfered with the sight picture for me.

Save the wood, you'll want to refinish it and turn that back into a real commie-gun one of these days!:)

2TransAms
August 19, 2007, 01:12 AM
Ford. That's just terrible.

2TransAms
August 19, 2007, 01:16 AM
And so,it's a WASR after all! I thought that looked like a WASR brake on the front,but I'm not an AK expert.

bkjeffrey
August 19, 2007, 02:35 AM
Congrats to ya! Another proud American gun owner! Keep fightin the good fight!

Ford
August 19, 2007, 12:09 PM
Ford. That's just terrible.

lol, sorry couldnt help myself
I bet this is the first thread in THR history with pics of Tesla ( the man and the band ) :D

GhostlyKarliion
August 19, 2007, 04:13 PM
hehe, I am really surprised that anyone knew who he is, it took me weeks of searching to find that picture, and even then it was in wallet size digital format and I had to increase the pixels per inch and resize it to 8x10 and make it look decent, in the end the file was like 400mb, lol, but it worked well.

well, back to AK's

I have seen drum magazines for the AK, but I am having a hard time locating one, any ideas?

can active military still bring home souvenirs? (could a buddy bring or ship me one or two that they take from the insurgents?)

ndolson
August 19, 2007, 06:24 PM
I have seen drum magazines for the AK, but I am having a hard time locating one, any ideas?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=78616576

search for "ak drum"

benEzra
August 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
full marking is GP WASR 10/63
That's the variant with the higher-quality U.S. made trigger group, I think. Should have a much better trigger pull than a standard WASR or SAR (and the one on my SAR isn't bad). Very nice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally broke down and bought one, Pics of me and my new AK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!