Star Pistols

PDA

Mantua
August 19, 2007, 08:19 PM
I've suddenly become interested in them because... well, I just watched Pulp Fiction. Regardless, are these still readily available? I know the company is out of business, but does anyone know where I can still find 'em?
http://www.arvindswarup.com/devils_workshop/images/pulpfiction_1.jpg
Auto Ordinance 1911 on the left, Star Model B (9MM) on the right.

If you enjoyed reading about "Star Pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
phantomak47
August 19, 2007, 08:37 PM
Do a search on this, as there are multiple threads about them and how they were chromed out pimp style.

Mantua
August 19, 2007, 09:22 PM
I did. It just didn't help me find where to get one. I saw a couple pic threads (chromed out pimp style, even), but nothing about how available they are. Do you find them in Milsurp catalogs, or just hope to find one in a pawn show?

Golddog
August 20, 2007, 10:26 AM
The single stack Firestar M 43's were great little SA guns; the Firestar Plus, with a double stack mag, had a square, blocky grip that was VERY uncomfortable.

The Super B's had nice triggers, with excellent ergonomics (think VERY slender 1911) and the easiest takedown of any gun I've ownded. But they're hopeless jammatics.

The latter BM and BKM (alloy frame) versions of the B's had the great triggers and ergonomics of the Super B, and mine were completely reliable. They felt better in the hand than the later Firestars, for me, and I think it's a shame they didn't catch on. They were my favorite compact 9's.

greg531mi
August 20, 2007, 07:15 PM
the Firestar Plus, with a double stack mag, had a square, blocky grip that was VERY uncomfortable.
Depends on your hand size, they were big, but fits mine great, also the Model 30, all steel, will outlast my grandchildren....

mainmech48
August 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
I still carry the little Starvel-finished Star M43 in 9x19 I bought in 1993-4 almost daily in warm weather. It's a bit heavy by today's standards for the size, but that translates into easier shooting when the hammer drops. It's surprisingly accurate for its size and dead-nuts reliable to boot. Worth looking for, IMO.

I had a nice Model B many years ago. Worked great with RN ball, but didn't like HPs or unusual projectile shapes at all. Of the various Spanish handgun marques, Star was the best in quality and design, IMHO.

There was a semi-large influx of Model Bs and some other Stars on the surplus market a few years back, IIRC. We see them at the shows quite often here in Indiana. Prices are generally very reasonable even on near-new condition examples.

BAT1
August 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mantua, go to TEX-GUNS.com. I was getting primers and saw two of them in there today. .45 ACP 4" and another one. Their number is 1-512-443-6106. Nice people to deal with. LOL

If you enjoyed reading about "Star Pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!