Got experience with a Glock 18C?

PDA

Timradcliffe345
August 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
I just noticed a Glock 18C for sale on gunbroker.com. Has anyone had the opportunity to handle/fire this novelty firearm? Would anyone consider carrying a G18 as their CCW? There is a selector switch for auto and semi making it possible to carry it in semi and switching to auto as needed. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got experience with a Glock 18C?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skud_dusty
August 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
Just get a 19 and call it a day. I don't see any situation where concealing a full auto weapon would be a good idea, during the shooting or after.

CleverNickname
August 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
It's sort of a moot point because you're not going to get a G18 unless you're a dealer with a law enforcement demo letter or you're a peace officer who's been issued one by your department.

That said, I've shot both a G18 and a converted G23. They were both controllable with practice, but full-auto didn't offer any benefit at all. I'd buy one if the laws changed but I wouldn't carry it (even though the laws in Texas say I could.) Remember that each bullet you shoot in self-defense has a tiny lawyer flying right behind it. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got experience with a Glock 18C?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!