Various Breech to Muzzle Cleanin Options

PDA

RPCVYemen
August 20, 2007, 01:08 PM
I have been using a Hoppe's BoreSnake to clean my Ruger Blackhawk for about year. I have been happy with it, but there are two drawbacks (maybe only in my mind :) ):

The BoreSnake is sort of an oliver drab - the BoreSnake gives me no feedback as to how clean the barrel really is. When I was a kid, we used patches, and you could watch them get cleaner as you proceeded. I like being able to inspect patches.

I feell as though each pull through the barrel pulls all crap that was removed from the barrel through it again.

I am looking at other patch based breech-to-muzzle cleaning systems. When I search at Midway, I find Gunslick Snap N Pull, and Otis Micro Handgun Cleaning Kits. Has anyone had experience with either of these?

Thanks,

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Various Breech to Muzzle Cleanin Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Various Breech to Muzzle Cleanin Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!