I want a K.98

PDA

MilsurpShooter
August 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
Where's the best place to go? I've got this C&R here, made copies of it and I'm thinking it's about time to get it broken in. I know I'm not going to find a pristine all matching number, all markings intact K.98, even if I would be able to find one of them I doubt I'd want to put down the chunk of change that it would cost. What I'm really looking for is a good shooter with decent markings I guess? A few markings would be good, but those can be overlooked a little.

So where would you guys suggest going? I like to collect these rifles but I don't just want a safe queen or a rifle that looks good but can't shoot.

Thanks for any help

If you enjoyed reading about "I want a K.98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M110
August 20, 2007, 12:29 PM
AIM just got another shipment in. I got 2 from the last shipment and they are in good shape for RC's.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII_German_K98_8mm_Mauser_Rifle.html

MilsurpShooter
August 21, 2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks M110. I'll be faxing them my C&R tomorrow morning :D

MisterPX
August 21, 2007, 01:34 AM
There's also SOG and Century. You should make sure to send your C&R to those guys too.

wnycollector
August 21, 2007, 07:35 AM
check out classic arms also!

MilsurpShooter
August 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone, just placed my order with Classic Arms. They had some good choices and I liked the descriptions they had next to each one compared to just a lot assessment.

See if I can't have some pictures when it comes in.

If you enjoyed reading about "I want a K.98" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!