New Addition to the Family!

PDA

SolaScriptura139
August 20, 2007, 11:34 PM
I had recently posted that the townhouse I was moving into didn't allow firearms. When I looked at the lease agreement, it said "no illegal firearms", but the landlord said that meant no firearms at all. At the bottom of the paper it said "in accordance with WV state code". So I scoured the WV state code, finding nothing to support the statement on the lease agreement.

So I call the national office for my townhomes, and asked why I could not have firearms in my home. They had no idea what I was talking about at first. They said the lease agreement says no ILLEGAL firearms. :banghead: I asked them to tell my landlord so he wouldn't flip when if he ever sees a gun in my house. However, I'm not allowed to carry my gun in the parking lot. I have to carry it in a case to my car.

Well, after I found out the great news that I can have firearms, I went and picked one up. Here she is!

I picked up the Sigma because of it's low cost and ergonomics. I was actually going to buy a Taurus when I saw it in the counter, but when the clerk and I tried to field strip 2 different models, we found that it was extremely complex and often got stuck. I don't know if it's my lack of experience with Taurus or what. But that turned me off big time. The Sigma field stripped very easily, plus it was stainless and $30 cheaper.

I haven't had the chance to go to the range with it, but I look forward to it.

PS: Sorry for the poor pictures, my camera is awful.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Addition to the Family!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
August 20, 2007, 11:40 PM
I predict your Sigma will be reliable and easy to maintain, but you won't be thrilled with the trigger -- heavy with a long reset.

The Taurus 24/7 is straight forward and easy to disassemble/re-assemble, in principal, but for some reason everything has to be held "just right" to come apart and go back together again. I end up cussin' everytime I take mine apart.

--wally.

jpwilly
August 21, 2007, 03:10 AM
Wally, I suspect that the PT145 and 24/7 are pretty much the same but I don't seem to have the same trouble.

pablo45
August 21, 2007, 08:01 AM
Congradulations!

davinci
August 21, 2007, 10:02 AM
well... if he's following the law, he can't ever get into your house without your approval since you're renting it. That's the law, everywhere that I've heard of. Just because he has a key doesn't mean he can let himself in any time he wants, besides it would be a bad idea from the social side of things. I wouldn't be too kind to a fella who just lets himself in.

So, if he's following the law to the "T" and you're following the contract to the "T" then you don't have any illegal guns in the home. Remember, spoken words are also a contract, defined as "Meeting of two or minds in agreement" written contracts just give proof when there's an issue with breach.

I can see his point of view though. If he says "no firearms allowed" then he's got an additional layer of protection if there is an accident that puts a hole in your neighbor. Remember, he's got more money than his clients, so he will be sued first.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Addition to the Family!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!