Colt 1991-a1

PDA

ugly old guns
August 21, 2007, 01:03 AM
So I'm at Cabela's the other day, and in their used section, I find a Stainless Colt 1991-a1. A few scratches, but looks like it has very few rounds, no scratches or gouges in barrel ramp, and magazine looks very clean, also a Colt. There was not a circular scratch from the takedown lever. It was marked 449.00, but they had it marked down to 349.00. I pit it on layaway, but can anyone think of why this might not be a good deal?:confused:By the way, It has the HUGE old rollmark on the left side:
1991-A1
Series 80
STAINLESS
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 1991-a1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ryan b
August 21, 2007, 01:07 AM
you cant really tell till you shoot it for the price i would have jumped on it

2RCO
August 21, 2007, 01:09 AM
I would have bought it --if as described. Heck I might have bought it some friends as well!

Cocked & Locked
August 21, 2007, 01:11 AM
I saw a NIB one of those earlier in the year priced at $539 and thought it was a great price...probably should have bought it. If yours functions fine you got a bargain!

skud_dusty
August 21, 2007, 01:14 AM
I just bought a parked one recently. I paid $500 out the door. This one was LNIB, had maybe 50 rounds through it. Looking up the blue book value I paid what the fair value was for it.

If it's 90% or so, I think you got a steal. Clean it up and keep it nice, Colts don't go down in value.

Radjxf
August 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
The big rollmark models seem to command the least $, but dang, in my parts IF, and that's a big IF, you can find anything Colt, you can guarantee it will be priced at $1000 used! Seriously. Unless this has been seriously ''bubbafied" and/or has mechanical issues, you got a steal. Like another poster said, Colts never go down in value, they only increase.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 1991-a1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!