gunstock replacement for Weatherby

PDA

burrhead
July 4, 2003, 08:53 PM
Years ago I bought a Weatherby XXII from a fellow who had leaned the rifle against a space heater and basically burned off the forend. Hey, I only paid $25 for it. I'm thinking about sprucing this gun up a bit and would like to put a plain replacement stock on it. I still have the original and would like to find someone who can use it as a pattern to make me another. Also, I don't want to pay more than a couple of hundred dollars for plain walnut or straight-grained birch. For that kind of money I fully expect to do the final sanding and finish my self. Finding an original is pretty much impossible and when they can be had they run $300+.
Any suggestions? TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "gunstock replacement for Weatherby" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "gunstock replacement for Weatherby" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!