Narrows Sig Stocks

PDA

Jenrick
August 23, 2007, 12:50 AM
So I've come to the conclusion that the factory strocks on my P226R are to wide, and to deep (measuring from front strap to palm swell). Does anyone know of aftermarket stocks that are narrow and shallower? If not I guess I'll just get another pair of factory stocks and take a dremel to them :evil:

Thanks in advance,

-Jenrick

If you enjoyed reading about "Narrows Sig Stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Radjxf
August 23, 2007, 10:20 AM
Sigs are BIG guns. The only smaller grip options out there that I'm aware of are Hogues new aluminum grips--VERY pricey at about $160+ OR you can buy Hogue recheckered grips for $45 or they'll checker your's for $25. Makes them slightly slimmer. Forget any brand of wood grips, they're always thicker. Good luck.

Jenrick
August 24, 2007, 12:56 AM
The funny thing about Sigs is that if they had a flat mainspring housing (to make a 1911 comparison), it'd fit my hand great. It's all the extra plastic and space on the back of the stock that makes it to big. I've only got this problem with DA and DAK shooting on a Sig. Of course what do I own, a DAK.

I got a pair of the fingergroove stocks and I'm going to see if the extra palm swell off sets the extra thickness. If not then my exacto knives are going to see about doing some carving.

Gotta say the new aluminum stocks are very nice looking, a bit to expensive currently though.

-Jenrick

Leadbutt
August 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
Jenrick, you didn't post it but if you don't have the "short trigger", it could help a tad,its re contoured just enough to help me with the reach issue, and on the hard plastic grip plates I used a belt sander to take them down even with the top of the seated screw heads, and used a rat file of the back strap just a tad,

Jenrick
August 25, 2007, 02:24 PM
Leadbutt, yep have a TJ' Custom chromed short trigger installed. The extremely smooth trigger face helps some. The trigger reach doesn't seem that much improved. Interesting idea about the belt sander, might have to try that.

Shot it with the Hogue's on yesterday, it sits better with the extra palm swell. Still to deep front to back however, so I'm gonna try and crave off some of the extra rubber and see how that works.

-Jenrick

Noxx
August 25, 2007, 03:04 PM
Hogues new aluminum grips--VERY pricey at about $160+

Was very intrigued to see that they list Damascus steel grips, which might be interesting, but beyond mentioning them, they don't picture them or list them in their online store. How annoying.

Leadbutt
August 25, 2007, 04:00 PM
Jenrick, nope didn't think about his,, just went with the SIG version and then rounded just a tad

If you enjoyed reading about "Narrows Sig Stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!