Proud to say, I got a P/T job at the Shooting Range!

PDA

CountGlockula
August 23, 2007, 03:33 PM
I just wanted to share the good news. At least good news to me, since I'm a gun nut.

The owner/manager knows that I'm a regular at my indoor firing line. I've been going 2-3 times a week. Been really friendly with the staff and they recognized me when I came in.

Filled out the application, shook hands and meeting up Friday to train. It's a part time gig, and I work only 2 days a week totaling 10 hours at $10 an hour. Don't worry, I'm not leaving my full time job.:D

This it'll give me a chance to do what I love: Helping folks be gun nuts!

Thanks for reading.

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud to say, I got a P/T job at the Shooting Range!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
strat81
August 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
Will they be supplying you with Level III armor and supplemental trauma plates? What about a sidearm, maybe a Glock in .357 Sig? Gotta be prepared for those range weirdos! :)

Congrats.

Dirtypacman
August 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
Congrats ... that is very cool.

CountGlockula
August 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
Oh yeah, I can't wait to meet the weirdos and showing them the EXIT.

As far as the quirks...so far it's discounts on new gun purchases. We'll find out more.

strat81
August 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
I think you mean PERKS. ;)

CountGlockula
August 23, 2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah perks. LOL!!! I guess I have to work out the "quirks" to get used to how things are done. I kinda know, but now it's behind the scenes stuff.

The Lone Haranguer
August 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
If they give you an employee discount for merchandise, you may - if you're anything like me - find yourself spending more than you made. ;)

no_problem
August 23, 2007, 06:52 PM
Congrats...It's great to get the inside view to enhance the great shooting sport experience

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud to say, I got a P/T job at the Shooting Range!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!