90 two vs. 92fs

PDA

pablo45
August 25, 2007, 04:02 AM
What is the big difference between these guns? What are the pros and cons? Are the magazines interchangeable? Thanks. Thought I would keep it short and simple.

If you enjoyed reading about "90 two vs. 92fs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
otomik
August 25, 2007, 04:23 AM
there's a lot of nice little things about the 90-two

-longer sight radius 6.4'' versus 6.1'' with a front sight that's removable (though the thick slide Brig and Elite have removeable front sight and 6.3'' inch sight radius this is lacking in the regular slide 92s)
-slide mounted safety that is repositioned less likely to accidentally put on safe when you're racking the slide
-a few ounces lighter due to more skeletonized grip
-got rid of that rediculous and fadish "combat" trigger guard
-the addition of a rail cover is great and really something all pistols with rails should have
-interchangible mags yet with added capacity, isn't a big deal but it's one or two less mags i'll have to replace with mecgars.
-the option of different grip sizes including the vertec style, some have shyed away from the 92s because of the largish grip.

i'm thinking about getting a 90-two myself

Shipwreck
August 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
I am not a big fan of the 90-Two. I even won one in JUly 2006. I ended up selling it.

I don't like the grip - that polymer front strap is slippery - just the plain metal with the grooves on the standard 92 is better. The 90-Two might be better if Hogue ever comes up with some sort of aftermarket grip.

I don't care for the shape of the slide either, personally.

I prefer the 92.

Ethereal
August 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
They also added a buffer inserted into the frame to absorb some shock, supposedly giving it a longer service life compared to the 92. The 92 has a life expectancy of 17,000 rounds fired before any problem, which usually meant you had to replace the locking block most likely. No set life expectancy has been set for the 90-two yet though.

mballai
August 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
At the moment, most of the aftermarket support is still for the 92s. It will probably be one plus years before the new gun gets even close and that will still be waiting. You can get a 92 fixed in plenty of shops, that is not a reality for some time for the 90 Two.

If you enjoyed reading about "90 two vs. 92fs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!