Walther P22 cleaning

PDA

kermit315
August 25, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,

I have heard something about only cleaning .22's if they start to give you trouble. I clean my other guns after every range trip. Would I be better served to clean it after every trip, or to wait until I start having problems with it.

Thanks,

Jamie

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P22 cleaning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
aaronrkelly
August 26, 2007, 03:45 AM
My P22 gets the slide locked back and a tooth brush to the breach face and feed ramp every outing. I take it down for cleaning and lubing maybe once out of every 3 to 5 trips, depending on how much shooting we do.

When I take it down for cleaning I will pull a boresnake thru the bore a couple times, thats all it gets.

kermit315
August 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
thanks aaronkelly.

Chem Geek
August 27, 2007, 01:17 AM
If you have the extra time, nothing wrong with giving it some extra TLC. I never reach the point with my where I need to clean it for it to operate properly. I tend to let it go 600-800 rnds before I clean it.

evan price
August 27, 2007, 02:22 AM
I am right at 1000 rounds on my P22 with no cleaning at all. No issues.
I'm not usually like that.
Anyway, pull the slide, use a toothbrush dipped in Hoppes on it, make sure you clean the inside of the magazine. Some oil. Done.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther P22 cleaning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!